Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro

amrest

Hi, I need an information.

I bought a second hand Les Paul Traditional Pro.

The bridge's pickup volume knob goes full circle and blocks, but the neck pickup volume knob continues to rotate, from maximum to off and continues to rotate by increasing the volume. Is this normal or is there something wrong?

Thanks

Amandio

Hi, I need an information.

I bought a second hand Les Paul Traditional Pro.

The bridge's pickup volume knob goes full circle and blocks, but the neck pickup volume knob continues to rotate, from maximum to off and continues to rotate by increasing the volume. Is this normal or is there something wrong?

Thanks

Amandio

It's not normal, there's usually a block to keep them from rotating all the way around. The previous owner may have forced it past the stop. If you can solder it's not hard to replace.

Not normal , those control potentiometers are broken , they should "work" properly :( Do you have any place near you that does electric guitar repair ? If so , stop in , get a quote , if reasonable get them to fix it for you , maybe :)

My "ultra" lp and ES 355 need work on the input jacks :( There is a most excellent luthier , not far from "here" , actually 3 :) but I go to the 1 place , usually , to get things "fixed" , when I can't myself :( Particularly electronic stuff that's "internal" and needs replacement/soldering :) :( :)

the other 2 places , I just look at guitars , effect pedals :) , mandolins...obtain a few picks/plectrums play a few guitars for a few minutes ....maybe they always let me for a few minutes :)

.....the other 2 places , I just look at guitars , effect pedals :) , mandolins...obtain a few picks/plectrums play a few guitars for a few minutes ....maybe they always let me for a few minutes :)

I do that. Rows and rows of beautiful guitars all listening to me say, oh that's lovely, oh wow, oh I'd like that, oh if only.... :rolleyes:

Archived