Gibson Brands Forums

Merle Haggard

Californiaman

Been listening to some of Haggard's stuff lately.

As a teen ager growing up in Southern California I wasn't exposed to a lot of Country music.

I find as I'm now in my fifties that my musical tastes have changed quite a bit.

Roy Nichols and Haggard's playing are great on this live performance.

I like what one person on Youtube said about Nichols solo here. He said it was, "Hotter than a urinary infection."

Working Man Blues!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbEstJ98TcM

XsVZS9Xl.png

I was able to see Merle 4 or 5 times and lucky enough to meet him at the Crazy Horse in Santa Ana, Ca.

I had to laugh my a-- off as I was with my wife ( ex now ) and she did not know who he was and what a treat it was to meet him.

He was not performing that night but came in with a couple of his band members and sat right next to us, just enjoying the show.

I was able to see Merle 4 or 5 times and lucky enough to meet him at the Crazy Horse in Santa Ana, Ca.

I had to laugh my a-- off as I was with my wife ( ex now ) and she did not know who he was and what a treat it was to meet him.

He was not performing that night but came in with a couple of his band members and sat right next to us, just enjoying the show.

Ah, the Crazy Horse. One of the best dinners I ever had.

My girlfriend took me there for a birthday. It was quite a nice evening.

Lived about four miles from the Crazy Horse back in the day.

During my 45 years of high rise construction, I was the general superintendent for the owner of the Crazy Horse in Santa Ana. He owned multiple buisness and one of his buildings was the Crazy Horse. Because of this I was fourunate to meet many of the country singers that played that venue. But out of all of the artists I met ,Merle Haggard ,Buck Owens , and George Strait were some of the most down home people .

Archived