Gibson Brands Forums

Slash alnico 2 pro on quick connect 4 way

MrDaino

Hi everyone,

I need an information on quick connect pick up. My guitar is a les paul studio faded 2016 with this connect:

33epz5c.jpg

but i have this connection on pick up:

11786170_800.jpg

So i need a converter from 1 to four connection. If exist, where can i find it? And if not exist, what i have to do to connect this pick up to my guitar.

First I think to solder pick up directly on chip and bypass quick connect like seymour duncan schema:

22093431_10212696093304627_1806538539_n.jpg?oh=02b939d9ad69b7e84ff554476311dd94&oe=59CF826E

Another thing I thought is to unplug the connectors from the original pick up and attach them to the new ones always as per the schema of seymour duncan:

22053254_10212696098744763_1779055188_n.jpg?oh=2533f4a9c28fef272d6733950a7cea07&oe=59CF1280

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thank you for yours answers.

Guest Farnsbarns

I assume the guitar has coil splitting? If so, you're going to loose it with those pups, unless you're willing to remove the single conductor wiring from the pups and rewire them as separate coils.

If you're happy to loose the coil splitting then throw the circuit board away and wire it point to point. I'd want to use new pots, I wouldn't want push/pull pots with no function but you could reuse the pots by soldering to the legs. You can curl the legs with some needle nose pliers to make a soldering eye if you want to.

I already can't use split coil on my les paul because this feature up is not used on the guitar by default. So, point to point connection is the best solution right?

But now my problem is: the connection that i thought to is right? New pick up GND to bare and green and black with black without connect other cables?

Thank you.

just pull the board and install new pots and caps. it's not expensive to do. then you won't have to modify your original parts. also makes them way easy to re-install if you ever want to sell that guitar but keep the slash pick ups. you can either buy a pre-made harness or make one yourself. if you do yourself, use seymore duncan's diagram for those pick ups. that's what i do every time i install their stuff, and i never have problems.

Guest Farnsbarns

If you're going to bin the board just follow the first diagram you posted (consider 50s Vs Modern wiring circuit).

Keep the existing wires to/from the switch.

Archived