Gibson Brands Forums

Oakland Raiders

Californiaman

Who's your favorite Steeler?

What, no love for Rocky Bleier? Talk about guts and stones, here's a guy who gave up an NFL career to go to Vietnam, was wounded, and was told he'd probably never play football again, and became one of the Steelers all time running backs. Kudo's to then owner Art Rooney for reaching out to Bleier, but kudo's to Rocky himself. That team had several standout players, but RB will always have a special place in my mind.

All Time Fav is Mean Joe Greene.

Being 57 years old I miss those great Raider / Steeler battles back in the 70s.

So many great teams loaded with talent.

Mean Jo Greene!!! What a stud. He was a beast. I loved that 70s team. By best friend just headed to Pennsylvania to take in a game and a family reunion.

We love the Steelers.

My favorite was Jack Lambert. He was an exceptional linebacker. Tough as nails too.

I wish I could say I have a favorite team. I don't. But if I were to narrow it down it would be the Steelers.

The battles between the Raiders and Steelers back then were epic.

I'm not a true Oakland Raider fan.

QB2oLxll.png

But I could become one. \:D/

2016 Les Paul Studio in Silver Pearl

I've been a Raiders fan since I was a kid... back when they were the indisputable kings of the NFL.

Nice guitar! I think it needs a Raiders emblem placed behind the tailpiece! [biggrin]

What, no love for Rocky Bleier? Talk about guts and stones, here's a guy who gave up an NFL career to go to Vietnam, was wounded, and was told he'd probably never play football again, and became one of the Steelers all time running backs. Kudo's to then owner Art Rooney for reaching out to Bleier, but kudo's to Rocky himself. That team had several standout players, but RB will always have a special place in my mind.

I grew up with those great 70s teams. Spoiled you might say. Super Bowl wins=4, World Series win=2, College National Champs=1.

As for Rocky, certainly a huge part of that team but he asked for my favorite and Joe embodied the heart and soul of that team.

I grew up with those great 70s teams. Spoiled you might say. Super Bowl wins=4, World Series win=2, College National Champs=1.

As for Rocky, certainly a huge part of that team but he asked for my favorite and Joe embodied the heart and soul of that team.

This to me, is one of those questions that has no right or wrong answer, only personal opinions.

NO no Mean Joe is my personal favorite. That's not opinion it's fact.

Not to get into an internet pi$$ing match, but the original question was "Who's YOUR favorite Steeler?"

rct's favorite was Franco, Calliforniaman's favoite was Lambert. I personally have no favorite Steeler, but like I said, that team had a lot of exceptional players at that time.

You like Mean Joe, I get that, and while it may be a fact that he is your favorite, it's still your opinion. Read the original question again. Semantics, I know. No offense intended, and hopefully none taken.

And yeah, I have way too much time on my hands. [flapper]

Not to get into an internet pi$$ing match, but the original question was "Who's YOUR favorite Steeler?"

rct's favorite was Franco, Calliforniaman's favoite was Lambert. I personally have no favorite Steeler, but like I said, that team had a lot of exceptional players at that time.

You like Mean Joe, I get that, and while it may be a fact that he is your favorite, it's still your opinion. Read the original question again. Semantics, I know. No offense intended, and hopefully none taken.

And yeah, I have way too much time on my hands. [flapper]

So your opinion is that Joe Greene might not be my favorite? 🤔

Sorry Cali was never my intention to infringe on your guitar post.

Archived