Gibson Brands Forums

Shooting

Retired

well since it's not listed here yet, there was another mass shooting in Vegas. A 64 year old gunman named Stephen Craig Paddock checked into a Vegas hotel with at least 10 guns, rifles, sounds like the ones he used were full auto, and on the night of a concert outdoors, he positioned himself on the 32nd floor, opened his window and open fired on the crowd below. 58 are dead so far, at least 515 are injured and taken to hospitals. They don't believe it's terrorist related and he shot and killed himself. Police found him dead in his room. Just thought folks would want to know.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God awful event.

The question is always why?

Not terrorism it seems so the why becomes even more acute. The shooter's brother is at a complete lost to understand it. How can a person do that? Just treat real people with real lives like tin cans?

Not terrorism it seems so the why becomes even more acute. The shooter's brother is at a complete lost to understand it. How can a person do that? Just treat real people with real lives like tin cans?

That brother seems 'off' to me as well. Perhaps its just the shock of it all, but I feel like there's more the story...like the father being a notorious bank robber or something.

Every day things just get crazier.

I would kind of like to go about my business peacefully and then retire and have some fun but that doesn't seem likely.

Same here. Seems the closer we get the harder it seems to make it to there.

rct

Yeah im finding it hard to take it all in...

I have tried to write more a few times, and have ended up deleting it.. I just don't have the words :( And its not this one event.. Its everything.

We are living in some crazy times.

How is it that you know it's not terrorism? Just curious.

Regardless, it is always very sad that someone would do this to others.

I don't know which is why I said "it seems". I was just taking the line peddled by the media. Of course it might yet turn out it was terrorist related.

A horrible tragedy.

My personal suspicion is that the shooter was very very deep into gambling debts.

As he faced the deadline for having to pay the piper, and knowing that he couldn't, he decided to commit suicide, and take as many happy, innocent, carefree people with him on his way to Hell.

A truly insane bastard.

:mellow:

it's terrorism...

just like the word racist, it's been twisted and perverted into something it is not by definition, the same word.

there are terrorist running around that are NOT from the middle east or Muslim,, just sayin.

My cousins friend was there, she's dead. she had three little girls...

"satan laughing spreads his wings...."

I can't even write any more thoughts about this...

terrorism

noun

mass noun

The unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

So far there has been no evidence discovered of any political/organizational affiliation or motive.

People commit violence for all sorts of reasons. Psychosis, antisocial personality disorder, anger, revenge, money, jealousy, etc, etc.

To call all violence terrorism renders the term meaningless and tends to minimize and even normalize actual terrorism.

I'm so upset. This is the world we live in. It makes me sick. We all get angry. We all have bad days. It's human nature. But these types of events are just insane and evil. These things are at a level I cannot relate to whatsoever. I think we all have the ability to kill another - but I'm talking about if someone harmed or killed a family member or a loved one - I think we all could snap under those circumstances - but to kill people you don't even know, that have done nothing to you or your loved ones, to mow them down without remorse or care who you've killed - that's beyond my scope of understanding. The level of hate and heated rhetoric in this country isn't helping. I don't know what the solution is. My thoughts and heartfelt prayers are with all those affected. It's hard enough to lose a loved one to normal causes - I can't imagine what these families are experiencing. :(

Painful to see the devastation on people's lives and yet nothing will change except the severity of these type of attacks. Thoughts and prayers as well intended as they are seem pointless.

Tons of people already politicizing the events and complaining about others agendas when they have their own. I have seen more hypocrisy in the last two years than I have in the rest of my life thanks to social media.

We'll all move on but those directly affected will not as easy or the dead not at all, now they are just a memory.

I have no idea what the solution is or if there is even one.

Anyway, the guy I have taken a couple of lessons from played a show on that stage the night before and flew back to Nashville early Sunday morning.

I lived in Las Vegas from 1972 until 1987 and of course my daughters went to school there .

My daughter called me tonight and one of her friends from elementary school was at the concert .

Mindy (my daughters friend was not hurt ) but Mindys friend who she was with at the concert with was killed in the shooting.

I did not know her, but my daughter is pretty upset about it.

It’s pretty sad when it’s not safe any more to even go to an out door concert.

Anyway, the guy I have taken a couple of lessons from played a show on that stage the night before and flew back to Nashville early Sunday morning.

A friend from my hometown is one of Aldean's guitar players and was onstage that night. Pretty scary gig. Everyone in the band is okay apparently.

Archived