Gibson Brands Forums

Tom Petty

brc

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I'm reading he is still with us, but it doesn't look good. On life support...

That’s what I am seeing now also.

I was talking to my daughter on Facebook and it popped up he had already passed away.

From what I'm seeing, he suffered a massive heart attack at home last night, was rushed to the hospital, but when found had no brain activity. The decision was made to take him off of life support. This really sux.

Put on Even The Losers. Think about being a kid again and that Hammond. Man, that Hammond, makes me quiver to this day.

We was hanging around Gainesville FL since we plan on retiring there. I sing American Girl and it's always been fun and there's a couple places that actually yell for it. I don't sing so great but then, neither did Tom. So Mrs and I wheeled up past the college and there was 441, so we roared our way up it a ways, hooting at the tops of our lungs.

Wednesday night we's playing a bunch of Petty. And getting bombed. Goddamn it.

rct

We was hanging around Gainesville FL since we plan on retiring there. I sing American Girl and it's always been fun and there's a couple places that actually yell for it. I don't sing so great but then, neither did Tom. So Mrs and I wheeled up past the college and there was 441, so we roared our way up it a ways, hooting at the tops of our lungs.

Wednesday night we's playing a bunch of Petty. And getting bombed. Goddamn it.

rct

I was just playing American Girl in Gainesville in a bar on Saturday night. We all grew up in TP's shadow over here. Our goal as upstarts was to play the places he played, like Dubs.

Yeah. I sing the Petty songs and parts in my bands. I have trouble with the chorus' though.

This one was especially sad for me. Of all the celebrities and musicians who have passed, only SRV and now Tom Petty actually felt personal to me.

Archived