Gibson Brands Forums

I was floored by new music...been a while

Lars68

Very little of the new music coming out from young bands these days really grab me. I had almost given up on finding new stuff, when this song totally floored me.

What a cool song, and a great mix of old and new. My faith in the young generation is restored.

Do not know why, just felt like sharing.

Lars

but I think I am too old for this one :)

"I was older then, but I'm so much younger than that now". That's how I felt after hearing that song the first time [biggrin]

I've listened to some more stuff from Algiers (the band, that is...) and I think their mix of r&b, gospel, rap, and alternative rock is fantastic, and very refreshing. I like TVZ (a lot), but I also love the energy and frustration of The Clash. There is good stuff to be found in most any style. Around here we center on country influenced music the most, for obvious reasons. However, I like to occassionally dip my toes in more unknown waters [smile]

Lars

And Sal, nah, you're not old!

Hey Lars,

listened yesterday, and will do again. This is interesting, for now I'm not sure if I go all that crazy about them, but i can relate to what you said about hearing new music.

My 8 year old son made me listen to twenty one pilots, and now I've been listening to those guys for almost half a year exclusively. I must admit I'm a total fanboy now. Their creativity and passion really floors me.

And the good thing is, listening to that kind of music, made me really appreciate the music I normally listen to again.

If someone wants to know, what I'm talking about, look here, but be aware, there's not one single stringed instrument:

Absolutely splendid. Has both the roots right and a spearhead pointing right out there.

Excellent production, they know how to polish up those machines - strong vocals and superb bass-work.

I could have needed some frantic acoustic Gibson strumming between 2:54 and 3:08 msp_cool.gifwhy not a slightly treated archtop, , fx this one

http://www.12fret.co...-full-front.jpg

I think that song is terrible! If you are looking for a young acoustic artist try this:

This is a young Swedish lady named "Gabriella Quevedo" who is a young Sandra Bullock look-alike.

The song "Sunflower".

Very little of the new music coming out from young bands these days really grab me. I had almost given up on finding new stuff, when this song totally floored me.

What a cool song, and a great mix of old and new. My faith in the young generation is restored.

Do not know why, just felt like sharing.

Lars

Another song I think is horrible. Nothing but dumb rap. Try these video's from what Eric Clapton calls "A Master Guitarist". Yes, strings involved.

Artist: John Mayer

Who Did You Think I Was (Fender Strat but he has some Les Paul's in his collection, just not this video)

(official video) Half of my Heart

Hey Lars,

listened yesterday, and will do again. This is interesting, for now I'm not sure if I go all that crazy about them, but i can relate to what you said about hearing new music.

My 8 year old son made me listen to twenty one pilots, and now I've been listening to those guys for almost half a year exclusively. I must admit I'm a total fanboy now. Their creativity and passion really floors me.

And the good thing is, listening to that kind of music, made me really appreciate the music I normally listen to again.

If someone wants to know, what I'm talking about, look here, but be aware, there's not one single stringed instrument:

Another song I think is horrible. Nothing but dumb rap. Try these video's from what Eric Clapton calls "A Master Guitarist". Yes, strings involved.

Artist: John Mayer

Who Did You Think I Was (Fender Strat but he has some Les Paul's in his collection, just not this video)

(official video) Half of my Heart

I'm sorry you don't get the intent of the OP, maybe one could argue, if the OP is appropriate on a forum related to gibson acoustics, or just ignore it.

And by the way, who's this Clapton guy you quote as if he is some kind of authority? :-k

There's sooooo much good acoustic (& acoustic-ish) music being made by young folks. I just became aware of the Secret Sisters, incredible voices and some great songs (try Mississippi or Bad Habit). Just had the pleasure of seeing First Aid Kit live, and they were killer good (try Emmy Lou or King of the World).

Good question on "who is this guy that Clapton talks about." Here is an interview with Clapton about 39 year old John Mayer...

I previously included two video's, one acoustic and the other electric.

Here is Mayer performing solo at Berklee College of Music ... electric.

Another acoustic performance "Queen of California'

Have fun.

I'm sorry you don't get the intent of the OP, maybe one could argue, if the OP is appropriate on a forum related to gibson acoustics, or just ignore it.

And by the way, who's this Clapton guy you quote as if he is some kind of authority? :-k

Archived