Gibson Brands Forums

want another Gibson small body

gruffydd3

I have a 2017 Gibson L-00 Vintage, that's become my favorite. I really like the small body guitars, and I'd like to get another.

The 1928 L-1 Blues Tribute appeals to me. So, my question is this: Do these two guitars sound different enough to make buying the L-1 worthwhile, or are they going to sound almost the same. I'm not able to get my hands on an L-1 to try out.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 2017 Gibson L-00 Vintage, that's become my favorite. I really like the small body guitars, and I'd like to get another.

The 1928 L-1 Blues Tribute appeals to me. So, my question is this: Do these two guitars sound different enough to make buying the L-1 worthwhile, or are they going to sound almost the same. I'm not able to get my hands on an L-1 to try out.

If you want to stay with Mahogany, find a Martin 00-18V or a Taylor 322. The 322 has mahogany top as well as back and sides. I think you may find the L-1 a lot like your L-00. I have a 2015 Gibson custom shop L-00 Red Spruce Limited, 12 fret and love it. But a friend of mine has a Martin 00-18V and it is a great guitar.

I ended up getting a 1928 L-1 blues Tribute. It sounds different enough from my L-00 Vintage to make me happy.

The few Taylors I've played all sounded good to me. On the other hand, I've never played or heard a Martin in person the sounded good to me. To each their own, but it's left me wondering what people see in them.

Archived