Gibson Brands Forums

Old New Player

Ipluckwithmytoe

Hello, I use to play a lot as a teen, then life came along. Now years later after a rather traumatic injury I am using the guitar to get my fingers to do what my brain tells them. Not having a lot of success but it's something to do that I like. Hello all and I'll try not to ***** all the time. [thumbup]

Hey Bro. New myself here, just recently got a couple of Gibsons. I can relate to your injury woes. 16 months ago I was in a motor vehicle accident. Still not back at work yet but getting closer. It was 4 months before I could start playing guitar again and 7 months before I could start weight baring for walking, it certainly is a journey. The upside though is I've had heaps of time to practice and up my skills gradually. WORK is now a 4 letter word :o

Did you get a Gibson and are you acoustic or electric?

Hello "Plucks with toes!" Your in very good company here as lots of members here have had main issues and health issues. Not sure if we have any Toe Players Yet? msp_confused.gif Welcome to the forum and happy to have you aboard. msp_thumbup.gif Talking about injures, I about lost my left arm at 16, that took me years to recouperate back then, had to quit playing for some time but with time and persistence it finally payed off so keep on plucking!

Archived