Gibson Brands Forums

Darn, Darn and Double Darn......

Murph

Carvin is hanging it up.

I sensed something was weird after the audio split with the guitar side, there simply wasn't much attention paid to the website and nothing was in stock.

http://www.guitaraficionado.com/carvin-audio-closes-factory-will-liquidate-assets.html

I never owned one of their guitars, but have had Carvin gear around for the last 25/30 years. The AG100D acoustic amp has been bulletproof and is used almost daily for probably 15 years.

I also own the R1000 bass amp with a 4;10 cab with the redeye horn. Monster of a bass rig, 1000 watts. And I have a Carvin monitor that is well over 20 years old.

My friend/business partner has a TON of Carvin p.a. gear, and we still use it all the time, and he also owns a Bel Air 50 watt tube combo and one of the 100 watt tube combos as well.

I don't think the kids cared for the audio division, but I don't see the guitar side keeping them going but what the he11 do I know. It's kind of sad though, the AG300 was getting a lot of respect and it was nice to be able to buy American gear for a decent price.

And so it goes....

Archived