Gibson Brands Forums

First original on the K'zoo

AnneS

I hit a dry spell lately, writing-wise, but, playing the Kalamazoo pretty much exclusively, it was just a matter of time, probably.

It's a bit of a downer-type song, but... "Rogue wave off the starboard bow" kinda speaks to the pervasive gloominess I see and feel in my world these days. YMMV, of course.

Anyway--have a listen, if you dare. :unsure:

All Hands

Superb, Anne! Your song is lovely, and the new/old guitar sounds spectacular.

Lars

By the way, I'd like to add that I have your album on my digital music player and listen to it a lot. It shares disc space with Bruce, Neil, Bob, Townes, Johnny, Emmylou and others. You stand proud among giants!

Anne I really enjoyed the sombre melody and lyrics.Worked well together.Your playing and the guitar sounded great.I do like a nautical metaphor.

When it started with " Four Bells" I was reminded of an Australian poem called "Five Bells" which is a long complex poem centred around a man who jumps from a Sydney Harbour Ferry to his death.

Thanks for the listens, all-- and if it's even too bleak for Stu, then I'm on the right track. ;)

Dan, it's now my goal to write a song that's so sad it makes a pickguard fall off! Ha!

Red, it's a 1935 (per our very own Zomby) Kalamazoo senior, which I understand to be a slightly hepped up KG-11. It has been modified with X-bracing, and it's quite a little charmer. I forgot to notice, until a couple of days ago, how much smaller it is than my LG-1. Like when you think your toddler is little but then the new baby comes home and makes the toddler look like a marauding giant.

Anyway, thanks again for listening. I am liking the legs on this one and am still working/tweaking the delivery and such. Fun times...

Archived