Gibson Brands Forums

Robert Plant

IanHenry

There's been a few bits of film uploaded on YouTube recently of Robert Plant performing live.

I find it rather funny when he says "you can never go back" and then fills half his live set with Zeppelin numbers, but I suppose that's his choice.

Can anyone identify the semi acoustic Gibson that one of his guitar players, Liam "Skin" Tyson is playing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPLanTT-2oc

Ian

I find it rather funny when he says "you can never go back" and then fills half his live set with Zeppelin numbers, but I suppose that's his choice.

Ian

Yeah, I find that perplexing as well. He says he doen't want to be stuck in the past playing songs from "that band from the '70's" and then he plays them with his new band. Most of the versions he does now I don't care for either. Whatever. I think he really does not like Page very much but that's just a feeling I have seeing as how he doesn't call me to chat much anymore...

Thanks Cody, I've never seen one of those before.

Ian

No problem Ian. Yep, they are pretty rare. The first time I saw one was in the original 90's version of the Tony Bacon and Paul Day Les Paul Guitar Book. Another Les Paul model you rarely hear much of is the acoustic Les Paul Jumbo which might be of interest to you. Here's an old Reverb listing for one of them.

https://reverb.com/item/3984126-gibson-les-paul-jumbo-flattop-1969-sunburst

That's one of my bucket list ones....here's the pic -

A chopped 335 body with (I think) single coils, low impedance. :-k

One forum member has a mouth-watering collection of these. [thumbup]

Is that the member called Grog? I've seen his pictures over on the low impedance thread in the Vintage Corner. He has an amazing collection including some beautiful Les Paul Personal, Professional and Recording models if I recall correctly. Probably the best collection of these I've ever seen.

Archived