Gibson Brands Forums

Over Humidified

Bozz

I live in Western Oregon and was driving down a busy city street a couple of days ago. It was raining hard, like drenched in thirty seconds hard, and I noticed a guy walking down the sidewalk carrying a guitar. That in itself is not unusual around here, but this one was not in a case and the guy was nonchalantly carrying it by the neck like he was walking off the stage at the end of a show. When I got close, I was surprised to see it was a Martin dread. I wonder what it looks like now after being totally soaked. Thank goodness it wasn't a Gibson!

It doesn't matter the name on the headstock, you would not desire any instrument to be subjected to those conditions.

You're right George. I would not desire any instrument to be subjected to those conditions. I was merely surprised to see a guy carrying a brand of guitar that I typically think of as higher end. I realize that Martin makes entry level guitars too. I was just taken aback to see that logo out in the rain. Martin has made some stellar guitars, so I'm not dissing. It just seemed shocking and crazy.

Want to back wooden - the name tells about insight to these things.

Oregon, , , wow, that's so exotic to my ears. Wonder if you ever heard the band Oregon. .

Yes, I remember the band Oregon from back in the day. They played some pretty interesting jazz folk fusion kind of stuff. One or two of them may have originated here in Oregon. Not sure if they are still around.

Yes, I remember the band Oregon from back in the day. They played some pretty interesting jazz folk fusion kind of stuff. One or two of them may have originated here in Oregon. Not sure if they are still around.

Yes, they are amazing and what we could call true explorers in music.

Once saw then from a table in a jazz-club - piano - double bass and a whole zone of percussion with the player sitting on his one knee in the middle.

Blew this mind through the ceiling. .

Believe they're still rolling

Archived