Gibson Brands Forums

Cole Clark Guitars with Triple Source Pickup

BluesKing777

I have not played one but a lot of people in Australia do - I think I can see why! Guitar fund currently empty after buying a Maton..... <_<

Check out the video with the 3 way pickup system and added bonus surprise at the end of the video.

BluesKing777.

Wow, that sounds awesome, thanks for that! I wonder two things... can one buy their pickup system for another guitar... and do they have a U.S. distributor!

I also note that fellow can really play and two importances to me... only uses thumb and index finger, plus, he has no nails (and neither do I)! That thumb/forefinger technique is John Prine on steroids!

Wow, that sounds awesome, thanks for that! I wonder two things... can one buy their pickup system for another guitar... and do they have a U.S. distributor!

I also note that fellow can really play and two importances to me... only uses thumb and index finger, plus, he has no nails (and neither do I)! That thumb/forefinger technique is John Prine on steroids!

The player is Lloyd Speigel and I saw him play blues when he was a child in a child blues band! A while back..... [flapper] One of the parents ran a blues night.

I have broken the internet looking for the pickup to buy separately......saw one listed for sale last night but it has left the planet it appears.....

It isn't as easy as installing a pickup by the look of some diagrams here - the 2nd part of the 3 part pickup is a whole guitar brace with the electronics in it, and the mic (2nd part) is hidden behind a brace to stop feedback - have a look at the pic in tis page with the open back digram.

http://www.musicpark.com.au/index.php/cole-clark-fl3e-sms-fat-lady-3e-spruce-maple-silkwood.html

On the US distributor:

Cole Clark Guitars USA

12 W Jefferson St

Montgomery AL

36104 USA

E: online@coleclarkusa.com

T: +1 615 686 4767

coleclarkusa.com

No affiliation here - I haven't even played one! But that pickup system sure sounded good in the video!

BluesKing777.

The player is Lloyd Speigel and I saw him play blues when he was a child in a child blues band! A while back..... [flapper] One of the parents ran a blues night.

I have broken the internet looking for the pickup to buy separately......saw one listed for sale last night but it has left the planet it appears.....

It isn't as easy as installing a pickup by the look of some diagrams here - the 2nd part of the 3 part pickup is a whole guitar brace with the electronics in it, and the mic (2nd part) is hidden behind a brace to stop feedback - have a look at the pic in tis page with the open back digram.

http://www.musicpark.com.au/index.php/cole-clark-fl3e-sms-fat-lady-3e-spruce-maple-silkwood.html

On the US distributor:

Cole Clark Guitars USA

12 W Jefferson St

Montgomery AL

36104 USA

E: online@coleclarkusa.com

T: +1 615 686 4767

coleclarkusa.com

No affiliation here - I haven't even played one! But that pickup system sure sounded good in the video!

BluesKing777.

Thanks much for the info!

I think I will buy one of these suckers to use in my Boss VE-8, when the guitar fund is replenished a bit.

They have one OM size with a Bunya Pine top and my fave Aust Blackwood back and sides and a Blackbean fretboard, all very eco and sustainable they tell us! They also have the same size with Blackwood back, sides and top! I imagine it to be like an all mahogany guitar. Also the have a Blackwood back with an Australian grown 180 year old Californian Redwood top...

I can get 3 of these for the same price locally as a J45 Standard!

Will go to a few shops and try them soon.

BluesKing777.

I’ve played a few Cole Clarks. They remind me of Takamines, great pickup system but a bit overbuilt. I also don’t like the thin satin finish, not what I’d consider a road ready instrument. They do sound amazing plugged in though!

I’ve played a few Cole Clarks. They remind me of Takamines, great pickup system but a bit overbuilt. I also don’t like the thin satin finish, not what I’d consider a road ready instrument. They do sound amazing plugged in though!

Ah, Norlin Cole Clarks, you say, Jinder?

Sounds pretty good on the video to me, or I wouldn’t have posted it. The 3 way business must be hard work or everyone would do it, but the only other 3 way pickup is a KK Trinity. Seems like a great idea to me, and these CC guitars are just everywhere in Australia, so must have something going on - I think they have addressed the ‘overbuilt’ issues recently.

Now I also like the matt finish idea - my Maton, Lowden, Cargill (top only) have matt finishes and apart from liking the look, they are non stick in our Oz heat - 30C/86F the last few days! (The Lowdens have a very interesting finish process that is a full gloss knocked back by hand rubbing with steel wool!)

Still haven’t played a new model - but I did play a couple of their dreads many years ago when they were first invented and yes, they were bricks! I am only interested in the OM size though.

BluesKing777.

Archived