Gibson Brands Forums

Blue Plaid Custom

daveinspain

Looks like his wife/manager had it made by the custom shop for him...

"one of the newest instruments of the bunch: a dense-mahogany, blue-plaid-emblazoned Les Paul Custom that was gifted by his wife and manager, Julie, whom he married in 1991. “The plaid represents so much to me, especially in her eyes. She thinks it defines a lot of my unspoken character traits. It kind of stands for me -- the simplicity, the quality, the consistency. So she had this guitar made,” says Fogerty, who has worn the pattern since he was a kid delivering newspapers in El Cerrito, Calif., trying to save up for a $39.95 Silvertone single-pickup guitar from Sears. “When I put this on...” He closes his eyes for a moment, visibly moved. “There is a lot of feeling here. It’s a love letter between her and I.”"

Looks like his wife/manager had it made by the custom shop for him...

"one of the newest instruments of the bunch: a dense-mahogany, blue-plaid-emblazoned Les Paul Custom that was gifted by his wife and manager, Julie, whom he married in 1991. “The plaid represents so much to me, especially in her eyes. She thinks it defines a lot of my unspoken character traits. It kind of stands for me -- the simplicity, the quality, the consistency. So she had this guitar made,” says Fogerty, who has worn the pattern since he was a kid delivering newspapers in El Cerrito, Calif., trying to save up for a $39.95 Silvertone single-pickup guitar from Sears. “When I put this on...” He closes his eyes for a moment, visibly moved. “There is a lot of feeling here. It’s a love letter between her and I.”"

Thanks for posting that Surf, now it all makes sense... [thumbup]

I own a lot of plaid shirts and would say they are probably my favourite type of shirt, however, a plaid guitar is going just a bit too far [biggrin]

I agree. [wink]

Growing up I got a lot of hand me down shirts from my older brother and most of them were plaid. When he was still alive we were looking at some old photos from when we were younger & it seemed like he wore the exact same shirt (very similar in color to the one above) for a number of years. When we asked Mom, she said no they were different shirts but that Bobbie liked that color & so she bought him a new one each year for the 4 or 5 years we were looking at. He still owned some plaid shirts although very few when he passed back in 2005. I will pull them out of my closet every now & then and wear one to make me feel closer to the best friend I ever had. But as Cody said - a plaid guitar is well, no. [-X

Archived