Gibson Brands Forums

Got my first Gibson last week!

Habanero

I have played for 28 years, and finally purchased a Gibson. I currently have a Fender Showmaster QMT, Fender Classic Vibe Thinline Tele (semi-hollow body), Fender Jimi Hendrix Strat in Olympic White, a Peavey Powerslide, Ibanez Bass, and a Martin DX Acoustic Electric in the Koa flavor. I scored a Gibson Les Paul Tribute Limited Edition in the Ice Teaburst flavor just last week!

Now I am interested in obtaining a Firebird with the mini-humbuckers. I think that would be a sweet guitar. Also interested in the SG Special T in the Satin Vintage Sunburst finish. Then maybe a Flying V after that, although I havent seen the model / components combination I am sold on yet.

Anyway, hope to join in the discussions here and contribute to the community.

Hello and welcome...

Love the tribute models... Really great guitars for a great price.

We of course expect to see pictures... Its kind of the law around here.. Picture or it didn't happen :)

A lot of us are using https://imgur.com/ once uploaded to there, use the BB code it gives you and copy that directly in to your post.

And yes, mini hummers are pretty cool.. They really tend to cut right through..

There was a cool vid of Jack Moore (Garys son) doing a tribute to his father.. In it he plays a firebrird with minis

Hello and welcome...

Love the tribute models... Really great guitars for a great price.

We of course expect to see pictures... Its kind of the law around here.. Picture or it didn't happen :)

A lot of us are using https://imgur.com/ once uploaded to there, use the BB code it gives you and copy that directly in to your post.

And yes, mini hummers are pretty cool.. They really tend to cut right through..

There was a cool vid of Jack Moore (Garys son) doing a tribute to his father.. In it he plays a firebrird with minis

Oh I got pics....

Thanks for the image hosting and posting suggestion, I have been struggling to get the forum to accept my images or image links.

Here is a pick of my guitar hanging on the wall of my music room.

2KRHLqq.jpg

Then a pic of the body showing off the awesome wood grain. I lucked out on that.

BSbqnFw.jpg

Finally, the Gibson gold hard case (but it was advertised that it should come with a padded soft gig bag).

37169ok.jpg

Archived