Gibson Brands Forums

SNARK!

Californiaman

Ha!!!

Made you look.

No really,

aren't they the most handy things to keep in a guitar case.

So tell us one thing you keep in your guitar case that you believe a guitarist should have in his or her case.

I've got a snark in one of mine. I have a tuner in another. So I've covered tuner. What do ya' got in yours?

* Did you know that a snark is an imaginary animal (used to refer to someone or something that is difficult to track down) That explains why mine often travels from case to case, guitar to guitar, and well all over the music room.

SNARK

ST6JBLUm.png

I don't keep anything in the guitar cases - but the guitar. Since I usually don't decide what guitar(s) to bring to a gig until I'm packing up, I keep all the essentials in a small drawstring bag. That bag can then go in the bigger gig bag with mics, cables etc. or inside the pedal board case or in a smaller bag if the big bag is not needed.

The little bag of essentials has picks, a capo, s couple slides, and a sometimes a Snark (though it is not used if the pedal board is going since I have a tuner on it).

Be careful with Snarks a friend of mine has one and it left a stain on his SG Custom. He told me it even said in the owners manual not to uses them on Gibson Guitars. Never had an issue on mine.

Well, you have to use extra caution around nitro. I think if you fart too close to a Gibson it'll leave a mark!

Be careful with Snarks a friend of mine has one and it left a stain on his SG Custom. He told me it even said in the owners manual not to uses them on Gibson Guitars. Never had an issue on mine.

Well, you have to use extra caution around nitro. I think if you fart too close to a Gibson it'll leave a mark!

My story is like surf pup's, never sure what guitar(s) will be used, so everything I need is in a back pack, in the case, just the strap and a truss rod tool, a coupe of picks, and a cleaning cloth.

I have a snark, a fishman and a few NS Mini tuners.. These wont harm a gibson finish if you do not leave them on the head stock... especially if it's a newer guitar and the finish is still curing.

In each case I have the following:

1. Guitar

2. Strap

3. Extra set of strings

4. Polishing cloth

5. Extra picks

Also, I have an old ammo box that I keep the following in:

1. Cables

2. More strings

3. String winder

4. Tuner

5. Power strip

6. Various tools

7. Sure SM57 mic and cable

8. Polish and cloth

9. Finger Ease

10. More picks

It's big, it's heavy, it's wood, but it's been on the road with me since 1984 and I take it to every gig. I could probably drive my car over it and nothing would get crushed.

Interesting that a few people carry truss rod tools. I don't get it. I'm not going to adjust that during a gig. Maybe it's just because it came in there? I keep those in a drawer under the workbench with my other set up tools since I rarely need to adjust it (maybe once every couple years).

My Snark broke before I could even take it to a gig. Pah.

I have a tiny Korg magnetic tuner in my acoustic case.

Apart from that...pack of strings, spare picks, cloth to rub it down, and strap - each guitar has its own.

I got a truss rod wrench with one of my Gibsons so I keep that in its case.....

My Strat gigbag also has pliers, screwdrivers and more as that has a trem and restringing it is a PIA.

Good topic; I also have documentation and case candy in the cases of 2 of my Gibsons so should remove that.

Where do you stop? I keep a jiffy bag with some old valves (tubes) in the back of the car...but I haven't (so far) taken spare HT fuses.

Archived