Gibson Brands Forums

Chambered Les Pauls

tentoten

I've been searching out a good Chambered Les Paul for a few months now, I have quite a few 9lb'ers, 2 Cusroms,And my back, can't handle it anymore. I checked out the Memphis ES Les Paul, regardless of what anyone tells you,those Memphis, or ES Les Paul's,are not Les Paul's, in name maybe, but that's about all. I played a really nice ChamberedLes Paul from 2014, it was an anniversary LP re-issue of the 58' but it also had e buckers, which to my complete surprise, I really liked,so, I think I have found my guitar. I was unfamiliar with the e Buckers, I heard something about them being underwound and such.If any of you are familiar with these pickups, I would be interested on your thoughts about them.Cheers

I've been searching out a good Chambered Les Paul for a few months now, I have quite a few 9lb'ers, 2 Cusroms,And my back, can't handle it anymore. I checked out the Memphis ES Les Paul, regardless of what anyone tells you,those Memphis, or ES Les Paul's,are not Les Paul's, in name maybe, but that's about all. I played a really nice ChamberedLes Paul from 2014, it was an anniversary LP re-issue of the 58' but it also had e buckers, which to my complete surprise, I really liked,so, I think I have found my guitar. I was unfamiliar with the e Buckers, I heard something about them being underwound and such.If any of you are familiar with these pickups, I would be interested on your thoughts about them.Cheers

The E-Bucker you are referring to is more commonly known as a "E" CustomBucker and they were used in the Gibson Custom Shop reissue guitars for 2013 and 2014. I have a 2013 58 VOS with them in it and they sound amazing. They have AlNico 3 magnets versus the usual 2 or 5 magnets found in most pickups.

The E-Bucker you are referring to is more commonly known as a "E" CustomBucker and they were used in the Gibson Custom Shop reissue guitars for 2013 and 2014. I have a 2013 58 VOS with them in it and they sound amazing. They have AlNico 3 magnets versus the usual 2 or 5 magnets found in most pickups.

Thanks, I had no specs on it, and was curious, I will check out the magnets, and output, thanks for that

I played 8 other similar LP's when I picked up that one, it was like, night and day, I'm glad someone has some further info on them, even the Custom shop people didn't have the info you shared with me

thank's for that.msp_thumbup.gif

I have a LP Trad Pro II. Even though it is a Trad, I am sure it is Swiss Cheesed or Chambered but it sure doesn't seem light. It crushes my leg when I play it sitting down. I got Lindy Fralin Pure PAF's in mine so I can't comment on Bucker's.

Ive heard a lot about LIndy Frailins P/U, haven't heard it yet, I'll tell you this Chambered guitar is 7.4, so light, compared to what Ive been using.

Archived