Gibson Brands Forums

B-15 parts

THC Guitars

If you’re not concerned with keeping it original, I’d make up a routed Rosewood insert for the ADJ bridge slot (a labour of love to get just right, but worth it) and glue it in with hide glue or aliphatic resin, then cut a bone saddle for it. I did the same for my ‘67 J45 and it made a very good guitar into a GREAT instrument.

I’m a big fan of B15s by the way...I owned an all-mahogany one for years and just loved it. Such a sweet, woody and characterful little guitar.

If you’re not concerned with keeping it original, I’d make up a routed Rosewood insert for the ADJ bridge slot (a labour of love to get just right, but worth it) and glue it in with hide glue or aliphatic resin, then cut a bone saddle for it. I did the same for my ‘67 J45 and it made a very good guitar into a GREAT instrument.

I’m a big fan of B15s by the way...I owned an all-mahogany one for years and just loved it. Such a sweet, woody and characterful little guitar.

I surely appreciate the advice I've gotten from this forum and I've kinda rolled on my parts req to those vendors mentioned. I totally agree that these are super sweet little guitars, and this one has an interesting story. I have awesome pics of the bridge restoration. Is it ok to post a bunch of pics?

I’d absolutely love to see pics, the more the better!!

I cut out a dozen or so pics- they kinda hit the highlights.

A customer sent me this 1968 B-15. The bridge had been replaced with a Gibson backwards bridge in '72 I think. He had a receipt for the bridge parts dated then but no repair receipt. I had never seen this type of bridge replacement - yes that's Naugahyde under the bridge (no idea).

The customer had the wooden saddle and the adjustment screws, I carved a new bridge based on pics I found and installed a new plate. I lacquer-tinted the area then shot the whole thing about 15 times. He was very happy, life was good.

As planned, he returned the axe to me in about 4 months for a final buff. He had gotten a tusque type bone saddle and wanted it installed to see if he liked the sound - no problem. I had the guitar apart for the buff, and hurricane Harvey blew into town. We packed everything up and got everything safe, but damned if we couldn't find those adjustment screws. 2 weeks ago - one of the guys cleaning up found them, snapped that pic I posted, sent the pic to me to see if they were the ones I was looking for, dropped them in an envelope, mailed them to the customer, never to be seen again.

Bananas.

I spoke too soon about uploading the pics - site said I'm at limit with the one pic

- avail on FB - Texas Hill Country Guitars - or shoot me an email address

thcguitars@gmail.com

Archived