Gibson Brands Forums

ES 355 Black Beauty

SteveFord

http://www.gibson.co...eauty-2018.aspx

This is a new one. Anybody got an extra $5500 they feel like throwing my way?

(insert sound of crickets chirping here)

It sure is a pretty one, and I like 3 pups, sooo, cant help your gas fund since you're triggering mine LOL (damn no semis in the hoard, I mean herd either).

Johnny

http://goo.gl/images/zXc79S

sigh....tried editing to embed the pic but can only get the link

They're really trying to make up for lost time with the missing 2017 line up - over 5 pages of models.

Odd that only the over priced Lucille has the VariTone.

I'm still waiting for them to bring back the 345 Stereo from a few years back with the varitone, 2 inputs (like Lucille) and in transparent brown.

Very nice. I never knew they weight relieved the centre block in these type of guitars...is this a new thing for this model?

Yes, I think it is new for 2017 or 2018, never heard of it before that. Not sure how much difference in weight it will make, but Maple is pretty heavy even in a hollow or semi-hollow body so I guess anything to make a 335 more comfortable is an improvement.

I don't know how the special Memphis circuitry works. Says it has two volumes, a master tone, and a blend. Are we blending in the middle pickup? or what? [confused]

Yes, I think it is new for 2017 or 2018, never heard of it before that. Not sure how much difference in weight it will make, but Maple is pretty heavy even in a hollow or semi-hollow body so I guess anything to make a 335 more comfortable is an improvement.

I don't know how the special Memphis circuitry works. Says it has two volumes, a master tone, and a blend. Are we blending in the middle pickup? or what? [confused]

Yes, I believe the blend allows the middle to be blended in and out of the normal config with the added bonus of still having volume if the middle pup is at zero.

Johnny

My goodness, it was a little too early for me apparently [scared][laugh]

I honestly don’t know what I was thinking.. dumbest post ever

Hey....it's Monday morning, things start out slow!

I'm sure I'll say something much worse than that [biggrin]

Take another hit for me.

[laugh]

I have the flu right now so I guess I’m all groggy from the medicine or somethin. I had just looked at that thread with the cracked lookin headstock and then looked at this and thought wtf? So stupid haha. The flu is rotting my brain. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it [laugh]

Archived