Gibson Brands Forums

Eagles live tonight

brc

Glad she had a good time, but on the flip side it is really time for them to stop. Glenn just passed. How many original members are left? Don "Big Ego" Henley? It's like 'Yes' schleping around, no original members in the band. And I'm a huge Yes fan. But ya gotta be real too.

And kill the cash cow? Ain't gonna happen. He'll ride it till the wheels fall off (though like you I believe they already have).

Glad she had a good time, but on the flip side it is really time for them to stop. Glenn just passed. How many original members are left? Don "Big Ego" Henley? It's like 'Yes' schleping around, no original members in the band. And I'm a huge Yes fan. But ya gotta be real too.

I've seen the Eagles twice. Once during the Frey/Henley split at a private company concert. It was Frey, Joe Walsh, TB Schmidt and "other guys". The second time was with Henley, Frey, Walsh, Schmidt, etc. Both good concerts, but Don Henley is not the Eagles, and is the only "original" member left.

I highly recommend Felder's book "Heaven and Hell, my time with the Eagles" or something like that. It's a real eye opener into the ego's of both Frey and Henley. BTW, much of his book was covered in the Eagles docu, albeit from a different perspective. I still like their music, but The Eagles just aren't the Eagles anymore.

I never did see The Eagles live although they were and are one of my favourite bands but I would agree with you, well past the time to call it a day.

One of my first concerts was The Eagles on the Long Run tour (1979 maybe) in a big football stadium. Gotta admit they were really good. Hotel California with Felder and Walsh trading off licks was certainly a high light.

She told me that besides Vince Gill sitting in, Glen Frys son was also playing with them last night .

Always been a big Eagles fantastic, and even though they sounded good on the videos she sent me, it still was not the “ Eagles”.

I guess it’s difficult to know when it’s time to hang it up .

I agree.

And I can't stand Henley....

It was kinda weird. After Frey passes, Henley says basically it was Glenn's band and it can't go on without him. Now they're out touring again and for what?

THE MONEY?

I always found it funny Don and Glenn turned into the huge corporation they so despised.

Loved all the original albums though.

Sometimes you have a contract that requires you to record an album of original material, and you just don't have anything prepared. The result is some weird (and long) tracks that fill up space on the vinyl. It has happened to a lot of bands besides Zep.

Archived