Gibson Brands Forums

NGD! Blondie - she's 40!

AndyK

Yes indeed, I only just realised that most necks are mahogany. What would that imply, tone-wise? Brighter?

From having played her last night, I don't know whether it was my imagination, but the pickups seemed louder than my other LPs. Anybody else got a Norlin-era LP? I would be most interested in how you find them.

Yes indeed, I only just realised that most necks are mahogany. What would that imply, tone-wise? Brighter?

Hope P. chimes in on this one. Don't think maple neck makes much difference to the tone. :-k

Very nice too BTW.....I'd love a Norlin LP.

That is a beauty. From the grain on the top it looks like it is all one piece - very nice.

Glad it sounds good as well - enjoy. [thumbup] [thumbup]

Where did you find it?

Well, I was casually searching for a black beauty, to be honest. Then I sorted by distance, and this baby came up, an hour away. Seeing as I'm a huge Kossoff fan, and he had a (stripped) blonde, I decided to check it out. She needs a refret, which I'll get done in January. [thumbup]

Wow! Played her tonight in a practice... WHAT a guitar! A beautiful neck, and a really snarly bridge pickup! [thumbup] Possibly the best guitar I've had. Don't listen to the anti-Norlin propaganda - there were some amazing guitars from that period, and this is one!

1508626241[/url]' post='1887601']

Very nice guitar but in all honesty, I thought this was a thread about Debbie Harry "aka Blondie", the group being about 40 yrs old or so. No harm, no foul. Once again, nice guitar!

I did too, that's why I clicked on. It is a beautiful guitar though, love that last photo which shows up the grain. She is a beaut! Have fun playing her, I bet she can sing.

Wow! Played her tonight in a practice... WHAT a guitar! A beautiful neck, and a really snarly bridge pickup! [thumbup] Possibly the best guitar I've had. Don't listen to the anti-Norlin propaganda - there were some amazing guitars from that period, and this is one!

Glad you're lovin' her. She's a beauty.

Archived