Gibson Brands Forums

Roy Orbison to tour UK

Rabs

Well obviously not the Big O himself.. But its a hologram tour??? Seems a bit weird to me?

Whats next, Jim Morrison performs with Hendrix and John Bonham hologram tour?? :)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/evfwhn/live/c9z5d4?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=59e9bdf1e4b0e5ed52a25826&Roy Orbison hologram to tour UK next year&&ns_fee=0#post_59e9bdf1e4b0e5ed52a25826

If you're a fan of late, great The Big O but never got to see him perform then all of that is about to change thanks to the wonders of modern technology.

A hologram of Roy Orbison, backed by the Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra will tour the country next April.

Roy Orbison In Dreams will see a cyber version of the Pretty Woman singer, who died in 1988, run through his greatest hits, kicking off in Cardiff on 8 April and finishing in Bournemouth on 20 April.

Roy's son Alex, who is president of Roy Orbison Music, said “My Dad was one of the first people to combine rock and roll with orchestral sound, so to see the full meal deal of having the big orchestra with my Dad is really a dream set up.”

Tickets go on sale next Friday.

We'll see if we can get an interview with hologram Roy, shall we.

Well the RJ Dio hologram was better than I envisioned, though not great. I think it will become a big thing, but maybe best for 'an evening with Roy' sort of show rather than reforming the original Led Zep, Queen, Kiss etc...and I'm not convinced I'd be interested in a hologram Lemmy, but as the technology improves with holograms, VR etc it may prove too much for the families, record co's and licence holders to resist?

Could be some up-sides...a Guns N Roses show that starts on time,...

Well the RJ Dio hologram was better than I envisioned, though not great. I think it will become a big thing, but maybe best for 'an evening with Roy' sort of show rather than reforming the original Led Zep, Queen, Kiss etc...and I'm not convinced I'd be interested in a hologram Lemmy, but as the technology improves with holograms, VR etc it may prove too much for the families, record co's and licence holders to resist?

Could be some up-sides...a Guns N Roses show that starts on time,...

Well apparently they are trying to get a Frank Zappa one up and running.

http://www.zappa.com/news/frank-zappa-back-road-hologram-tour

I've seen various things regarding these hologram tours: Jackson, Zappa, Hendricks, et al. To me, I'd just as soon watch a video of the performance. Somehow a "hologram" just seems weird. And let's face it, if you weren't "there", then you can't say you "saw" them now, can you? My two cents, anyway.

When it comes to these kindsathings, my main concern is who is pocketing the money.

Dio was divorced from Wendy, still she kept the name. I know they remained on good terms, and she managed him.

Don't get me started on Angie Bowie. Mark my words, she'll get into the holo-biz.

If fans are buying tickets, there's not much to say about it. If someone owns the name... well,that's it then, innit.

Yeah, you gotta wonder when Janie will start the Hendrix holo tour...

Actually that's a good example.. Im a huge Hendrix nut and always wished I could have seen him live... The idea of seeing a holo Hendrix does not appeal to me at all...

Archived