Gibson Brands Forums

Changing Pickups on an LP

The LP Standard 2013 has a Circuit board, coil tap pots with 4 pin connectors on the Burstbucker Pros.I want to try a Seymour Duncan set (SH-18) and they come with 4 conductor cable, but obviously no QC pin. I don't mind cutting and using the original pins for the SDs, but I'm stumped as to the wiring.The colour code doesn't match at all.Is there a Gibson to SD wiring diagram that may help?Or any other suggestions?Cheers

The LP Standard 2013 has a Circuit board, coil tap pots with 4 pin connectors on the Burstbucker Pros.I want to try a Seymour Duncan set (SH-18) and they come with 4 conductor cable, but obviously no QC pin. I don't mind cutting and using the original pins for the SDs, but I'm stumped as to the wiring.The colour code doesn't match at all.Is there a Gibson to SD wiring diagram that may help?Or any other suggestions?Cheers

Does this come close?

QwkvRrc.jpg

Here you go, this should do it for you.

http://www.seymourduncan.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/color_codes-809x1024.jpg

Johnny

Thanks Johnny

That's what I'll try.Someone on another board wrote that he experienced random variations in Gibson Quick Connect Neck and Bridge wiring scheme.... scary stuff!I shall try the SD to Gibson as noted, and report back.

Thanks

Trying to remember, but memory isn't what it used to be, but I think there was a time (pre-circuit board) when the Gibson and Duncan codes were the same. So I don't think random variations but a change to current colour scheme with the boards and quick connect and when the guys first swapped in different pups they wouldn't work until they figured out the codes. But I could easily not remember clearly.

You're welcome and good luck. Let us know how it works out.

Johnny

Have a look online for some Quick Connect adaptors - loads on eBay - most makers will make them to suit the pickup being added, so all you do is splice the pickup wires with the adaptor and plug in. Easy switchin'.

Archived