Gibson Brands Forums

Yikes!

Digger

We had a similar incident here on the California coast reported in the San Francisco chronicle a few years back. I still remember the classic line (for me anyway) that the article produced. A guy was kayaking off of Ano Nuevo and a Great White bit the tail off of the boat. The brilliant news reporter asked the guy, "What did you do when you realized that a shark had bitten off a part or your kayak?". His answer was, "I paddled like hell to get to shore."

Duh...

Gummy Shark locally known as "Flake" is one of the most popular eating fish in Oz! It's certainly my favourite.

Damn! I feel like some for breakfast now~

I usually soak my fresh caught shark filets in cold water with a little salt for an hour or two. Then I cut it into chunks or strips to batter and fry. Delicious!

Yes you need to deal with the ammonia in their flesh. Freezing them will also do it.

Whats your favourite?

I also love Mako and Hammerhead isn’t too bad either.

Blacktip is pretty delicious. We get a lot of what they call the Atlantic sharpnose here. In the summer they are everywhere.... every one is small, about 3 feet... but they are quite tasty and you can fill the cooler pretty quickly.

Archived