Gibson Brands Forums

J45 Legend Limited Edition (torrefied)

livemusic

Fullers guitar in Houston had a run of limited-edition J 45 legends made up and the wood went through the torrefication process. Lucky me, I happened to see your post about this and I bought the guitar. I think this is the best sounding guitar I have ever played. And it plays fantastic, it is so incredibly playable. I wonder why that is? Whatever the secret, this is what it is all about. What an absolute joy to play! It also is a really good looking guitar.

Wah Hoo ! Sounds like a nice find ! Love the big neck on the Legend - surprising comfy, ain't it ?

I was elated that the big neck is no problem for me, as I do not have long fingers and, often, prefer smaller necks. It's odd but this one does not bother me. In fact, as I said, the playability is terrific!

I am trying to attach an image, hopefully it works. As for a sound sample, maybe later. I think this guitar has a vintage finish, whatever than means. Maybe less spray? Not glossy. Looks nice to me.

post-31367-040443300 1508850215_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I just thought I would add an update. The guitar is incredible. I am just blown away by its beautiful tone and also its playability. I have used it on all of recording sessions here in Nashville lately. I have another session Monday night and I will let my guitar player do some work with it if he wants to, as well, because he is sensational!

I am once again reminded how awesome it is to have a great guitar. I am blown away by the bass in certain Martin dreads in some songs, sounds fab, but Gibson is my go-to sound, in general.

Archived