Gibson Brands Forums

Stupid Deal of the Day?

RevDavidLee

Somebody made a serious typo or the price of pedals is about to skyrocket horribly :o

[lol]

The price rise is because the components are now held down with hide glue, thus it gives you more vintage tone :P

:unsure:

When you click on the link now, it shows a price of $69, so error corrected I guess.

Yeah I saw that - that was a hoot while it lasted [biggrin] I wonder if they'll have the same person entering the Stupid Deal of the Day from now on. I have the App on my phone [lol]

I called Musicians Friend up to ask them about the deal this morning. The rep I spoke to didn’t understand the problem at first. They finally figured out the issue and they have since corrected it but it no longer comes with the OHSC, only a gig bag.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, haha. I have a Pigtronix boost pedal and I like it. But, anyway. That reminds me of when my dad got his Mapex Black Panther snare drum. He got it from Musician's Friend. Those snare drums are $300 - $500 snare drums and someone had screwed up in the catalog and had them listed for $100! So, my dad bought one and actually got it for $100. Guy who used to work at one of my local music stores was actually going to order some for that price and make money on them, but buy the time he called to order some they told him they made a mistake in the catalog, haha. Guess a lot of people had called about them. So, my dad got a $300 - $500 snare drum for $100, haha. He still has it and is on one of his kits now. True story.

Archived