Gibson Brands Forums

What kind of amp?

Shawnturner

Hello Everyone,

What kind of amps do you guys play through at home? What kind of music do you play?

I use either a Fender Mustang 1 or my Line6 SpiderV 120.

Any Idea , Suggestions would be appreciated,

Thanks,

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:http://www.gibson-talk.com/forum/les-paul-discussion-page/348926-what-kind-amp.html

whiteboard videos

• 2 weeks later...

I have a bunch-a amps in fact two are v1 mustangs (a III and a IV.. the IV I am considering selling as I don't use it much)

The others are a Fender HotRod Deville 4x10, a Marshall JTM combo with an extender cab to lend a 4x12 setup, and a Gibson Goldtone GA30RVS.

They are all very gig worthy and reliable, sound real good, and all.. but tube amps, as such do require maintenance now and then (retube, biasing, etc depending on how much use they get)

I take it you are considering an upgrade? Are you looking for a tube amp, is this just for home use? Do you desire multi channels or a single channel and you plan to use pedals to get different sounds? is there a price break you are trying to stay within?

Hi Shawn. At home I actually just play through a Tascam cd-guitar trainer. Run it thru my stereo. I've used this for probably 10 years. My gig amps are a Orange AD30 n a Traynor YCS50 combo. I can't say enough good things about the Traynor.

When I am just noodling around, I typically use my Fender Super Champ XD, great tube tone plus some of the modeling and effects from the Mustang amps. It truly is a tube modeling amp. I have a couple other small output amps I use at home too, a Laney Cub, Orange Tiny Terror and a little 5 watt Blackheart. The things that draw me to the Super Champ XD really are the effects.

Archived