Gibson Brands Forums

Prevent Acoustic Case Damage while Storing in Attic?

Thomas Carroll

I purchased a Gibson HP 835 Supreme Acoustic/Electric guitar and have been storing the case in my Attic. The case's shell has been continually shedding it's shell and is beyond the point of cosmetic repair. Is there another acoustic guitar case that will fit the Gibson HP 835 Supreme that is meant for storage in Hot/Humid locations like my attic? Or any ideas to put my current acoustic guitar case inside something so that it will prevent the shell from shedding?

Why not do as some dream makers did in the past; put that old D-18 or J-35 in the case, and forget about it under the bed for 80 years or so. Or in your case, just the case.

If you are handy, you might consider restoring the case yourself- then you get the choice of materials, both inside or out. A luggage repair shop could also be an option. Or, send Cedar Creek Case your old case and have a cu$tom case made.

Email Gibson Customer Service to see if a replacement case would be available. What is the body depth of the Gibson HP 835 Supreme Acoustic/Electric guitar?

Good luck, report back, and welcome to the forum.

Archived