Gibson Brands Forums

Bit of fun on my J-50

Jalex

You can quit your day job.

If I could play like that... I'd be "Drinking beer, strumming guitars and living off money from tip jars' to paraphrase Robert Earl Keen.

I wish I could quit my day job😉

Thanks for the nice comments guys.

What a great sound! Beautifully done. What mic/recording setup is that? Just on your phone?

it's an inexpensive shure mv5, I just plug it into my MacBook. I really have no idea about recording but it seems to work pretty well. thanks for the nice words.

Most enjoyable acoustic sounds, Jalex. Heard your clip yesterday, but wanted to dig up a recording made by forumite Guth, who rarely posts in these parts anymore- his recording, written to honor the passing of his faithful canine companion, Nick, the tune "Walking Nick". Thought you'd like to hear it- maybe get some ideas for yours, as your tune grows.

It was embedded in post 5 in OneWilyFool's True Vintage thread long ago. I think you can really hear the D'Addario 13's the J-45 TV is strung with:

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/27857-anyone-have-a-gibson-tv-j-45/

Once again, thanks for sharing; the J-50 was nice to see and hear.

You can quit your day job.

If I could play like that... I'd be "Drinking beer, strumming guitars and living off money from tip jars' to paraphrase Robert Earl Keen.

Don't do it......

Nice job, man.

Archived