Gibson Brands Forums

Down a point after my cracked head stock post...

scottpaine_69

Well my reputation is at a -1 now. I've been here since 2014 when I bought my 3rd Les Paul (I have 5 now) a 2015 Gibson Les Paul Classic which was one from the line everybody Loved ( I know, I'm one of the few who liked the 2015 line)... Anyway! I think it's funny how my rep was neutral until a day ago, which was a few days after I posted about Gibson showing a 2nd Blemished guitar on their site. 1st was the chipped guitar and the 2nd was the 2018 Gibson Les Paul Traditional (Tobacco Burst) with a crack in the back of the head stock. I was simply airing my grievance about posting on the Gibson site about it and then they removed my post 2 days later. I tried posting again only to be denied. I put up the 1st post in Sept. when they posted the pick. I simply stated on the forums that instead of deleting and denying post they could have photo shopped the pic. ( I believed as of 2 days ago they fixed the pic.). Then I made a point of bringing up an article from Gear News about the same photo and Gibson deleting post. Low and behold after being in the forums since 2014 with a neutral rep. I've been busted down to -1... I wonder what our old pal Donny would have thought... For those of you that have been her for a while you know who I'm talking about. We miss you Mr. Craven... lol... Is it Gibson who controls the reputation points or the people. I wonder???

Well my reputation is at a -1 now. I've been here since 2014 when I bought my 3rd Les Paul (I have 5 now) a 2015 Gibson Les Paul Classic which was one from the line everybody Loved ( I know, I'm one of the few who liked the 2015 line)... Anyway! I think it's funny how my rep was neutral until a day ago, which was a few days after I posted about Gibson showing a 2nd Blemished guitar on their site. 1st was the chipped guitar and the 2nd was the 2018 Gibson Les Paul Traditional (Tobacco Burst) with a crack in the back of the head stock. I was simply airing my grievance about posting on the Gibson site about it and then they removed my post 2 days later. I tried posting again only to be denied. I put up the 1st post in Sept. when they posted the pick. I simply stated on the forums that instead of deleting and denying post they could have photo shopped the pic. ( I believed as of 2 days ago they fixed the pic.). Then I made a point of bringing up an article from Gear News about the same photo and Gibson deleting post. Low and behold after being in the forums since 2014 with a neutral rep. I've been busted down to -1... I wonder what our old pal Donny would have thought... For those of you that have been her for a while you know who I'm talking about. We miss you Mr. Craven... lol... Is it Gibson who controls the reputation points or the people. I wonder???

I've been around here a lot longer than you, and I don't even know what "reputation points" are! Nor do I care. And I have no idea what mine are. And don't care.

Is it really that important? :-k

I've been around here a lot longer than you, and I don't even know what "reputation points" are! Nor do I care. And I have no idea what mine are. And don't care.

I just gave you a plus 1. [unsure]

I just gave you one, you were at 0, now you're +1...

I just gave you a plus 1. [unsure]

Me too.....+1 to you too Tman [thumbup]

You're kidding...... right? #-o

Sorry, I couldn't resist this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3THPGl-LC6k

Ian [smile]

I saw Thin Lizzy at Dalymount Park in Dublin in 1977 just after Bad Reputation was recorded, but not yet released.

What a pleasure it was to see Robbo & Scott Gorham play live in their heyday...and on Phil's 28th birthday!

770821_poster_thin_lizzy_adriano_300.jpg

Have a +1 everyone, in honour of the great band that was Thin Lizzy, long may they be remembered :) !

I saw Thin Lizzy at Dalymount Park in Dublin in 1977 just after Bad Reputation was recorded, but not yet released.

What a pleasure it was to see Robbo & Scott Gorham play live in their heyday...and on Phil's 28th birthday!

770821_poster_thin_lizzy_adriano_300.jpg

Have a +1 everyone, in honour of the great band that was Thin Lizzy, long may they be remembered :) !

I think it's Scott and Gary Moore in this video, but to be fair he's not bad [drool]

Ian

They had this on here a long time ago and then they got rid of it but for some reason they brought it back. It's not important to me because I'm not here for a popularity contest. I just thought it was a funny coincidence that after my post on a bad picture that Gibson posted got me a negative reputation..

I think it's Scott and Gary Moore in this video, but to be fair he's not bad [drool]

Ian

Yeah, Brian Robertson left the band for good in July of 1978, Gary M then joined for the August/September U.S. tour followed by Australia/NZ in October where that video is from.

Incidentally, drummer Brian Downey was also not with the band for the Oz/NZ dates due to "exhaustion, and a lack of interest in seeing a stage again for a while", he was replaced by Mark Nauseef from Ian Gillan's band until December of that year.

Lizzy really had started falling apart in 1978.

I saw "Thin Lizzy" a couple of years ago (without Phil of course) and they were not good. They kept showing Phil on a big screen at the back of the stage and the singer kept "paying homage" to him. I found it a little embarrassing.

Unfortunately I never saw them with Brian Robertson but I did see them with Snowy White and yes I was thinking they were a bit of a spent force, the energy had gone.

Ian

Guest Farnsbarns

They had this on here a long time ago and then they got rid of it but for some reason they brought it back. It's not important to me because I'm not here for a popularity contest. I just thought it was a funny coincidence that after my post on a bad picture that Gibson posted got me a negative reputation..

You do realise anyone can + or - a post and that's what the "reputation" score is. How have you had a stable 0 (neutral) for that long?

Guess I never offended anybody until I posted about the cracked head stock on Gibsons site.

Well yes,...but that would also suggest that no one ever liked anything you posted either...probably best to just ignore these things [laugh]

Well yes,...but that would also suggest that no one ever liked anything you posted either...probably best to just ignore these things [laugh]

The only reason I brought it up was because I thought it was funny that after all this time it was a post about an obvious screw up on the web site. I don't cry over such things. I'll still be here when somebody has any questions that I may be able to help with. Although I usually only answer stuff I know about or I send them to somebody I think may have the answer. Oh well! As long as we all have fun....

Guest Farnsbarns

+1 that's the way mate.

I've no idea what my +'s and -'s would add up to but it's probably up and down like a tart's! [biggrin]

Guest Farnsbarns

Really? Cool - Thanks to all who have contributed!

And a +1 to you for letting me know.

Sh1t, that put me on 616, the true number of the beast.

Archived