Gibson Brands Forums

BattleBots...

Murph

Late to this party, I guess the Science Channel is re-running them, and a buddy mentioned it and I've watched several now.

I don't understand why this wasn't a success.

Mankind has been fighting each other, chickens, dogs, etc. since the dawn of time.

It's got fighting, technology, engineering, fire, crashes, gambling opportunities, and nobody gets hurt.

Oh wait.......

I used to watch it... circa 2000 maybe? I remember tha and Iron Chef were on late. Good times.

My girlfriend and I love to rewatch those old Iron Chef episodes. Our favorite part is when one guy butts in and shouts “Fukui-san!”, then the other guy replies in an awkward translated voice “uhhh yes, chef”

That show was crazy. A lot of the food looked pretty scary, although I’m sure it all tasted great. The one where Bobby Flay beats Morimoto is classic.

The uk show is Robot Wars (I've seen battlebots too). It started in the 90's and lasted about 5 years.

Its recently come back. I love it.

The earliest ones were my favourites because the main 'war' was between the producers and the roboteers.

The producers REALLY wanted a US WWE style show of aggression/grudges etc. but all the roboteers were tech nerds who shook hands and worked on each others robots, donating time & equiptment. They were just nice people with a common hobby who got along really well.

Later, the producers got the sort of show they wanted.

I enjoyed the first run of the show around 2000. A couple of the Mythbusters (Grant and Jaimie) competed.

It was on a major network a couple years ago and the Science Channel has picked up the reruns from the recent seasons. I hope they do some new episodes.

Archived