Gibson Brands Forums

Is the ES-137 gone for good?

GDC

I think they may be gone for good....which is a shame.....

Great guitars with tones to match

Somehow blending the looks of an ES175 with the sounds of an ES335 and Les Paul....[thumbup]

I just sold my mint Blueburst 'Classic' as it was under-used

Took ages to pluck up courage to let it go.....

V

:-({|=

You never know what Gibson might do. They stopped making 336s and 356s for quite a few years, and now just started making both of them again. It seems there are several models that get a few years off and then they bring them back again. Hopefully the 137 will fall into that category as they are unique and very popular with the players that were fortunate enough to get one.

Doesn't hurt your resale value either if they are hard to find and you have one in good condition. Whereas a Les Paul, an SG, or a 335, there are seemingly millions of them out there both new and used.

I just bought a 2014 Billie Joe Armstrong ES137 that's still in the case(Only used it for around 10 mins}about 3 months ago.

ZZsounds were unloading them New at around $1400 with extra discount if yea called.

Myself I wanted a ES without killing myself lol.

Seems that these guitars are well made.

Another reason they have Gibson Memphis P90s.

I think they were a slow seller and wildwood Guitar are still selling them for around $2500....JT

[​IMG]

You never know what Gibson might do. They stopped making 336s and 356s for quite a few years, and now just started making both of them again. It seems there are several models that get a few years off and then they bring them back again. Hopefully the 137 will fall into that category as they are unique and very popular with the players that were fortunate enough to get one.

Doesn't hurt your resale value either if they are hard to find and you have one in good condition. Whereas a Les Paul, an SG, or a 335, there are seemingly millions of them out there both new and used.

I think you're right about that.

Archived