• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2015 Gibson's ...how are they really?

#1 User is offline   NighthawkChris 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • LocationMetro Detroit, MI

Posted 26 October 2017 - 08:05 AM

I have recently purchased a 2015 LP Custom tri-burst. It is pretty much a nice heavy block of solid body (has to be around 10lbs easy - will weigh soon enough), electronics are "classical-like" (soldered "popcorn part" pots and caps - as one would expect I suppose), the tuners are Grovers, and there is no cheezy hologram on the back of the neck-headstock region. Cosmetically, it is fabulous to say the least. What imperfections exist, I have to look very closely at it to see them. Overall, the guitar I wanted. Oh, and it sounds real nice to me with the 498T and 490R pickups.

Going online the biggest gripe with a 2015 (as far as I can tell) is with the G-Force tuner system and the brass (titanium replacement) nut. The brass nut... yeah this is an issue, and a big one IMHO. At least I gather the replacement is free... The tuning system with a faulty nut material doesn't help promote the tuning system any either. I have heard there are complaints of placing an internal PCB in the control cavity. I don't see how that's a bad deal, but if you want to mod the guitar, then maybe it will pose a problem. My guitar does not seem to conform to this stuff whatsoever. It has a plastic (corian?) nut, classical gold HW tuners, electronics are wired, and based on feel, I think that it is not weight relieved... Frets are also very nice with well-cut nibs... Finish and figured maple top is just stunning.

So, I love the guitar - definitely not intending on returning it at all. It is a straight up Les Paul with that familiar LP tone we all love so much. I suppose it seems that the 2015 lineup is focused on Gibson USA and their QC mishaps, not the Custom Shop? Because, honestly, it seems like my guitar was handled with love at the factory, at the GC I bought it from, and now it is in my possession. Received it in a very acceptable condition - and yes for the money I paid for it, it is up to par. The experience was a great one from picking it out, to finally receiving it in my possession. I live in MI and ordered my LPC from Manhattan GC, so it had an extra shipping detail prior to it falling into my hands. Everyone has done a great job with it, but this is GC related. Just mentioning because even after going through GC's hands, it still arrived in awesome condition.

So what else is the stigma with 2015 Gibson guitars? I don't get it and how all of a sudden, 2016's came out and you get a wonderful Gibson...
- Vintage Sunburst 1993 Nighthawk SP3
- Ebony 1994 Nighthawk SP3
- Fireburst 1995 Nighthawk CST3
- Fireburst 1996 Nighthawk CST3
- Translucent Amber 1996 Epiphone Nighthawk (MIK ST3 Replica)
- Fireburst 1997 Nighthawk ST3 w/ Floyd Rose
- Snow White 2006 Jackson Dinky DK2M (MIJ)
- Tri Burst 2015 Les Paul Custom

- Peavey 5150

#2 User is offline   FZ Fan 

• Nanook Rubs It
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 26 October 2017 - 01:27 PM

View PostNighthawkChris, on 26 October 2017 - 08:05 AM, said:

I have recently purchased a 2015 LP Custom tri-burst. It is pretty much a nice heavy block of solid body (has to be around 10lbs easy - will weigh soon enough), electronics are "classical-like" (soldered "popcorn part" pots and caps - as one would expect I suppose), the tuners are Grovers, and there is no cheezy hologram on the back of the neck-headstock region. Cosmetically, it is fabulous to say the least. What imperfections exist, I have to look very closely at it to see them. Overall, the guitar I wanted. Oh, and it sounds real nice to me with the 498T and 490R pickups.

Going online the biggest gripe with a 2015 (as far as I can tell) is with the G-Force tuner system and the brass (titanium replacement) nut. The brass nut... yeah this is an issue, and a big one IMHO. At least I gather the replacement is free... The tuning system with a faulty nut material doesn't help promote the tuning system any either. I have heard there are complaints of placing an internal PCB in the control cavity. I don't see how that's a bad deal, but if you want to mod the guitar, then maybe it will pose a problem. My guitar does not seem to conform to this stuff whatsoever. It has a plastic (corian?) nut, classical gold HW tuners, electronics are wired, and based on feel, I think that it is not weight relieved... Frets are also very nice with well-cut nibs... Finish and figured maple top is just stunning.

So, I love the guitar - definitely not intending on returning it at all. It is a straight up Les Paul with that familiar LP tone we all love so much. I suppose it seems that the 2015 lineup is focused on Gibson USA and their QC mishaps, not the Custom Shop? Because, honestly, it seems like my guitar was handled with love at the factory, at the GC I bought it from, and now it is in my possession. Received it in a very acceptable condition - and yes for the money I paid for it, it is up to par. The experience was a great one from picking it out, to finally receiving it in my possession. I live in MI and ordered my LPC from Manhattan GC, so it had an extra shipping detail prior to it falling into my hands. Everyone has done a great job with it, but this is GC related. Just mentioning because even after going through GC's hands, it still arrived in awesome condition.

So what else is the stigma with 2015 Gibson guitars? I don't get it and how all of a sudden, 2016's came out and you get a wonderful Gibson...

If those are the ones with the metal zero nut, I know that was a big issue and was that the year nibs or nubs went away. And maybe the tuner thing as well.
1995 - Fender American Standard Jazz Bass with Rio Grande Pickups and a Warmoth Jazz Bass Neck
1997 - Fender American Standard Tele with Rio Grande Pickups
2000 - Gibson SG Special
2003 - Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat with Rio Grande Pickups and a Warmoth Strat Neck
2009 - Gibson BB King "Lucille" Signature Model
2009 - Kala KA-T Tenor Ukulele
2011 - Martin D-28

2014 - Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II with Lindy Fralin Pure PAF's
2014 - Martin D-18

Fender Deville 60 Watt Combo Guitar Amp

Fender Blues Jr. 15 Watt Como Guitar Amp with a Weber Speaker
Mesa Transatlantc TA-15 Head 5W/15W/25W Switchable
Egnater Tweaker 40 Watt Combo Guitar Amp (On Loan To My Son)

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Extension Cab with a Weber Speaker
Acoustic B100 Amp 100 Watt Bass Combo Amp
Orange CrushPiX CRL20 20 Watt Guitar Amp

#3 User is offline   'Scales 

• Lurking at the threshold
  • Locationpeace

Posted 26 October 2017 - 01:46 PM

Seems a long time ago now but what I recall - and this is for the Standard moreso than the Custom, the most disliked things were:
- extra wide fretboard (widest ever and only done in 2015. E strings way inboard)
- g force became standard fitting (at extra $) and wasn't liked by many anyway
- adjustable nut that wore out quickly
- Les Paul 100 signature script that was just 'wrong'

Other stuff that divided opinion included hologram, loss of nibs and probably stuff to do with electronics

There were things that were liked I think like work to the bridge and click-off removable pick guard, I think the paint jobs improved (?)

Maybe other stuff too. The case was quite different but I can't remember if most people liked that or not.
we had longer ways to go, but no matter, the road is life.

a few of my songs from first ever gig for originals band

#4 User is offline   NighthawkChris 

• Advanced Member

Posted 26 October 2017 - 02:03 PM

Thanks guys! I believe my guitar suffers from none of those issues listed or what is complained about that I could find online. It is pretty much immaculate... except the price for it is a bit high. GC sells this guitar for ~$5500. I know that the resembling guitar in the past - the 68 RI - was not that much! But they are selling it for 0% for 48 months which is around ~$120/month (includes taxes!). That makes it more affordable - or rather attainable if you can get the credit approval. I love the guitar, absolutely nothing wrong with it as I keep iterating, but if I am overpaying, I can get a used 68 RI and take my chances. I mean, I did get GC to give me a ton of parts and pickups for making this purchase at the MSRP, so it's like I paid full price for the accessories and bought the LP for ~$5k. As well, the LPC is brand new - I get to de-virginize it as I cannot even see polish swirls on it!?

So I guess, I am not victim to these crappy innovations that Gibson put out this year, but the price tag is more. I believe that the 68 RI had the 57 pickups where mine are the 498T and 490R. My knobs are not the '68 looking ones either - conventional black speed knobs. The cap looks pretty much spot on with the RI, but mine is claimed to be some figured top whatever it means. It looks like a normal flamed top to me... Oh, and my fretboard is richlite - which doesn't bother me. 2 of my NH's have ebony fretboard, and it's not a deal breaker for me. Richlite will last longer than the guitar body anyway :-)

I don't know. Probably a stupid thing to ask, but am I getting taken for a ride on the price for a brand new LPC for ~$5500? If so, I have option to return for about 3 more weeks, and I might do this to save a couple grand over 4 years and take my chances on the used market. I know it's my decision in the end, but it always helps to get some advice. I am not buying for investment/collector value... It will be a player, but years down the road when my boy gets old enough to take it from me when my body becomes too frail to do anything, he might say, "Damn dad, you're the best!" Obviously I was willing to pay a lot for a LPC, and I wanted a real nice one. At the same time, I don't want to overpay a ton. Generally speaking, would anyone else feel screwed if they paid what I agreed to?

- Peavey 5150

#5 User is offline   NighthawkChris 

• Advanced Member

Posted 26 October 2017 - 02:10 PM

View PostFZ Fan, on 26 October 2017 - 01:27 PM, said:

If those are the ones with the metal zero nut, I know that was a big issue and was that the year nibs or nubs went away. And maybe the tuner thing as well.

You are correct about these features in some Gibson models. Which ones, cannot say for sure...

- Peavey 5150

#6 User is offline   Megafrog 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationSouthern Pennsylvania

Posted 26 October 2017 - 08:33 PM

The 2015s are great guitars in my opinion but I have big hands so the wide necks are a plus for me. Gibson will replace the nut for free so that isnít an issue for me. You ca; scoop them up cheap so that is appealing.

#7 User is offline   IanHenry 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 27 October 2017 - 02:05 AM

Chris,
I think the Les Paul Custom is one of the Gibson USA line of guitars (there are a lot of members on here more knowledgeable than me, maybe they can confirm that).

I played a 2015 sprint run Traditional which was a short run model without the robot tuner but with the zero fret nut, wider fretboard and the Les Paul 100 script on the headstock. The build quality of the guitar was very good, the guitar played and sounded good (it was fitted with the now defunct 59 Tribute humbuckers), I had no problems with the guitar, in fact there were some points that I found better than other years Les Pauls particularly the speed knobs which had a textured edge to them. (I like speed knobs because I find them easier to change without looking down at them). In summery it was a very good guitar.

Ian

#8 User is offline   NighthawkChris 

• Advanced Member

Posted 27 October 2017 - 08:18 AM

Thanks all for the replies. I sincerely appreciate the feedback!

Overall, I like the guitar, plays very well, obviously was getting some love at the factory and handled well at GC before falling into my hands. It was a recent purchase, and I wasn't really aware of the "dreaded" 2015 GIbson guitar lineup... As mentioned, I purchased for a stellar $5500 pretty much from GC.

http://www.guitarcen...uitar-J27529.gc

BTW, I was the one who gave the review as I think the guitar is a quality piece of work. The only thing that my guitar may be "victim" to is the wider fretboard, but then again, I play it, and it doesn't bother me or hamper my playing at all... Not worried about that. As I mentioned before, the price is pretty high and I could get a solid color LPC for a few thousand less, or find a '68 RI used for less as well (if I want this type of tri-burst finish - which I absolutely love). I just want to make sure I am not getting taken for a ride here on the price... With the high quality set aside, the price is expensive. The price I paid, is this too high? GC said they were inflexible on the price, but I did end up working out a deal for a lot of other goodies in the deal - pickups, straps, string packs, various repair components for my other guitars (pots, covers, and switches), etc. I suppose I am happy paying this if indeed this guitar is worth it. Do note that this guitar is brand new essentially - I am first owner and build on it is immaculate... Not even trying to hype it up because it is true.

- Peavey 5150

#9 User is offline   IanHenry 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 27 October 2017 - 12:50 PM

View PostNighthawkChris, on 27 October 2017 - 08:18 AM, said:

Overall, I like the guitar, plays very well, obviously was getting some love at the factory and handled well at GC before falling into my hands. It was a recent purchase, and I wasn't really aware of the "dreaded" 2015 GIbson guitar lineup... As mentioned, I purchased for a stellar $5500 pretty much from GC.

BTW, I was the one who gave the review as I think the guitar is a quality piece of work. The only thing that my guitar may be "victim" to is the wider fretboard, but then again, I play it, and it doesn't bother me or hamper my playing at all... Not worried about that. As I mentioned before, the price is pretty high and I could get a solid color LPC for a few thousand less, or find a '68 RI used for less as well (if I want this type of tri-burst finish - which I absolutely love). I just want to make sure I am not getting taken for a ride here on the price... With the high quality set aside, the price is expensive. The price I paid, is this too high? GC said they were inflexible on the price, but I did end up working out a deal for a lot of other goodies in the deal - pickups, straps, string packs, various repair components for my other guitars (pots, covers, and switches), etc. I suppose I am happy paying this if indeed this guitar is worth it. Do note that this guitar is brand new essentially - I am first owner and build on it is immaculate... Not even trying to hype it up because it is true.

Chris, glad to hear that your happy with your new guitar. Regarding the price, I've no idea how US prices compare to here in the UK, but obviously your happy with the deal so that's all that matters.
The wider fretboard seems like a good idea, I never even noticed it on the one I played.
I hope you get many years of enjoyment from it.

Regards,
Ian

p.s welcome to the forum.

#10 User is offline   Megafrog 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationSouthern Pennsylvania

Posted 27 October 2017 - 03:20 PM

Chris, your guitar is from the Gibson Custom Shop and not a Gibson USA model. Your guitar doesnít have the quirks of the Gibson USA models.

#11 User is offline   valtyr 

Posted 29 October 2017 - 06:40 PM

Congrats Chris.

I think much of the hate the 2015s get is due to the fact that there were multiple changes across the range at the same time with no traditional offerings. No other choice was given that year so buyers were unable to opt out of the wider neck, gforce tuners, adjustable nut, or the other changes that year. Not everyone liked or even wanted some of these changes, and they increased prices as well.

I don't think there would have been near as much hostility if they had done what they are doing now, which is having different lines where buyers can select more traditional or more modern features.

#12 User is offline   Farnsbarns 

• Antelope
  • LocationGodstone, Surrey, England

Posted 30 October 2017 - 04:33 AM

I see you've had a lot of answers so I'm not going to jump in and repeat. Just to say, the reason some people don't like the circuit board is the capacitance between the the tracks and the board substrate which, in an audio circuit, could be considered undesirable. That said, most modern, insulated wire also has some capacitance.
I'm not drunk, you're blurry.

Farns

#13 User is offline   NighthawkChris 

• Advanced Member

Posted 30 October 2017 - 05:23 AM

Yeah, I'm just freaking out. It's an expensive instrument no doubt, but it doesn't seem to suffer from anything at all that would make it unacceptable or "2015-like" to me. I was basing this off of what I have read online and such and being that my guitar is a 2015, I wanted to make sure that I haven't thrown my money away on something. The only issues I have right now with it is that I need to lube up the nut as I hear the "plinks" when tuning the unwound strings. This is so minor, it's not even really worth mentioning. I have had to set it up as the saddles were obviously not set up for proper intonation being that they were all in a straight line upon receipt... Not an issue though. I didn't buy an expensive instrument and not know how to set the thing up. It isn't my first rodeo with a newer guitar. So a nut that needs lubrication and adjustment of the saddles for intonation... very minor details to reconcile.

I personally don't mind receiving a guitar that is not setup - I have set up all my guitars after purchase typically. But some might detest this. For instance, when I bought my piano brand new, it had a coupon for free tuning - and usually there is some voicing going on as well because hammers are usually factory tough and cause some harsh tones being that the felt is packed super tight on the heads of them all. And my piano we are talking was 3 times the cost of my LPC. Talk about patience... It has taken me nearly 2 years to get it to where the thing holds a tune and much of the harshness as I like to call it has gone away. Nonetheless, my point is that it might be nice for those who need it to get some free setup from a dealer or something as there was a free tuning with my piano... I can play with guitars, but pianos under warranty, probably not a good idea. They are a whole other beast to maintain. By comparison, I feel guitars are a cinch. But, that doesn't mean that I find it acceptable for a new guitar such as a LPC to need fret dressings and improper cut nuts and stuff... Being who I am though, if my new guitar needed any of these services, it would have to be pretty messed up to make me want to turn it in though. It'll tick me off a bit, but won't make me scream "fire!". Basically, if the neck is warped or major imperfections exist, that will compel me to turn it in.

Overall, thanks all for the comments. If there are any more, please feel free to share. I sincerely appreciate the advice from all of you!

- Peavey 5150

#14 User is offline   Farnsbarns 

• Antelope
  • LocationGodstone, Surrey, England

Posted 30 October 2017 - 06:22 AM

Just scribble a pencil in the nut slots. You don't even need to remove the strings, just lift them out of the slots. Powdered graphite is the perfect lube.
I'm not drunk, you're blurry.

Farns

#15 User is offline   NighthawkChris 

• Advanced Member

Posted 30 October 2017 - 07:14 AM

View PostFarnsbarns, on 30 October 2017 - 06:22 AM, said:

Just scribble a pencil in the nut slots. You don't even need to remove the strings, just lift them out of the slots. Powdered graphite is the perfect lube.

Yes, this was going to be my next move once I replace the original strings. Thank you!

- Peavey 5150

#16 User is offline   Twang Gang 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationLake Keowee, SC

Posted 31 October 2017 - 08:50 AM

Glad you got the guitar you wanted and are happy with it.

As I recall most of the complaining about 2015 models was from people who never played one or ever had one in their hands. They just read about the wider neck, brass nut, auto-tuners etc. and said they didn't like any of those features. I guess the nut was a problem and Gibson recognized that and was willing to replace them. Also yours is a custom and didn't have some of the things people didn't like about that year (hologram).
2017 Custom Shop 356 Mahogany/Maple Antique Natural
2017 Les Paul Standard T Honeyburst
2013 L5-CES Natural (Maple/Spruce)
2013 Les Paul Custom Lite (Mahogany/Maple) Ebony
2007 Taylor Solid Body Custom (Sapele/Walnut)
2010 Fender Telecaster (Ash)
2006 Taylor Grand Symphony (Rosewood/Spruce)
1981 Ovation Balladeer
1963 Walthari Mittenwald Classical
Rivera Venus 6 (1 X 12)Combo
Blackstar HT-5R (1 X 10) Combo
AER Compact 60-2

#17 User is offline   NighthawkChris 

• Advanced Member

Posted 31 October 2017 - 09:34 AM

Yeah, played my LPC every night thus far and nothing unexpected happening and everything expected happening! You have to really be trying to make an argument to point out a defect in this thing. I do not have any experience with 2015 Gibson's at all, so I will not comment on these. All I know is what I have in my possession and from 23 years experience playing guitar, I have to say this thing is exceptionally nice.

Another thing I have noticed is complaints about the "line" felt between the place where binding meets the neck. All my Gibson's with bound neck have this "line" and I don't know why people go out of their way to make videos on this and call this a defect. People have said they are turning in their guitar because of this thinking it is a defect... I guess if it SOMEHOW bothers your hand so much when playing, then OK, but to turn it in where this "line" has no effect on playability and purely on the basis that this is a defect, that is foolish IMHO. I mean, I see these un-boxing videos and all that comes out is complaints - like why bother buying these guitars then. They say this is the 3rd LP and blah, blah... I just doubt that Gibson can ship a LP multiple times and each one suffers from some sort of catastrophic defect. Just annoys me. My favorite are ones that complain about this thing not being setup correctly out the box... You have to tune a guitar by turning tuning machine heads, so get a screwdriver and turn the saddle, adjust the tailpiece! It's not difficult... To go as far as making a public video on it and convince all those that don't know about guitars that this is something to worry about... As I have said, you don't buy a multiple thousand dollar instrument and not know how to set intonation or adjust string action... I suppose these people turn in their new cars when their seat isn't at right setting "just for them" when they buy it... Oh well, enough of my rant on these individuals. Understand not liking certain guitar "innovations" like robo-tuner or whatever... To go as far as say quality is down the dumps because of a setup on a new guitar being incorrect, this is stupidity. I am not defending Gibson on any of their "quality issues", but I can sift through the trash to find the truth about the lineup.

- Peavey 5150

#18 User is offline   FZ Fan 

• Nanook Rubs It
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 31 October 2017 - 11:43 AM

View PostNighthawkChris, on 27 October 2017 - 08:18 AM, said:

Since yours is a Custom shop job yours suffers from none of what people hated from that year. Muy Bueno Guitara.
1995 - Fender American Standard Jazz Bass with Rio Grande Pickups and a Warmoth Jazz Bass Neck
1997 - Fender American Standard Tele with Rio Grande Pickups
2000 - Gibson SG Special
2003 - Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat with Rio Grande Pickups and a Warmoth Strat Neck
2009 - Gibson BB King "Lucille" Signature Model
2009 - Kala KA-T Tenor Ukulele
2011 - Martin D-28

2014 - Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II with Lindy Fralin Pure PAF's
2014 - Martin D-18

Fender Deville 60 Watt Combo Guitar Amp

Fender Blues Jr. 15 Watt Como Guitar Amp with a Weber Speaker
Mesa Transatlantc TA-15 Head 5W/15W/25W Switchable
Egnater Tweaker 40 Watt Combo Guitar Amp (On Loan To My Son)

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Extension Cab with a Weber Speaker
Acoustic B100 Amp 100 Watt Bass Combo Amp
Orange CrushPiX CRL20 20 Watt Guitar Amp

#19 User is offline   IanHenry 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 01 November 2017 - 08:06 AM

View PostNighthawkChris, on 31 October 2017 - 09:34 AM, said:

Yeah, played my LPC every night thus far and nothing unexpected happening and everything expected happening! You have to really be trying to make an argument to point out a defect in this thing. I do not have any experience with 2015 Gibson's at all, so I will not comment on these. All I know is what I have in my possession and from 23 years experience playing guitar, I have to say this thing is exceptionally nice.

Another thing I have noticed is complaints about the "line" felt between the place where binding meets the neck. All my Gibson's with bound neck have this "line" and I don't know why people go out of their way to make videos on this and call this a defect. People have said they are turning in their guitar because of this thinking it is a defect... I guess if it SOMEHOW bothers your hand so much when playing, then OK, but to turn it in where this "line" has no effect on playability and purely on the basis that this is a defect, that is foolish IMHO. I mean, I see these un-boxing videos and all that comes out is complaints - like why bother buying these guitars then. They say this is the 3rd LP and blah, blah... I just doubt that Gibson can ship a LP multiple times and each one suffers from some sort of catastrophic defect. Just annoys me. My favorite are ones that complain about this thing not being setup correctly out the box... You have to tune a guitar by turning tuning machine heads, so get a screwdriver and turn the saddle, adjust the tailpiece! It's not difficult... To go as far as making a public video on it and convince all those that don't know about guitars that this is something to worry about... As I have said, you don't buy a multiple thousand dollar instrument and not know how to set intonation or adjust string action... I suppose these people turn in their new cars when their seat isn't at right setting "just for them" when they buy it... Oh well, enough of my rant on these individuals. Understand not liking certain guitar "innovations" like robo-tuner or whatever... To go as far as say quality is down the dumps because of a setup on a new guitar being incorrect, this is stupidity. I am not defending Gibson on any of their "quality issues", but I can sift through the trash to find the truth about the lineup.

Yes Chris, Gibson knocking has reached epidemic proportions, it's as though everyone wants to hate Gibson. I think it's at it's worst on the Acoustic Guitar Forum, if it isn't a Martin or a Taylor it sucks.
I have 5 Gibsons and I wouldn't swap any of them for anything else.

Ian

#20 User is offline   NighthawkChris 

• Advanced Member

Posted 01 November 2017 - 11:12 AM

View PostIanHenry, on 01 November 2017 - 08:06 AM, said:

Yes Chris, Gibson knocking has reached epidemic proportions, it's as though everyone wants to hate Gibson. I think it's at it's worst on the Acoustic Guitar Forum, if it isn't a Martin or a Taylor it sucks.
I have 5 Gibsons and I wouldn't swap any of them for anything else.

Ian

Hi Ian,

I simply believe it is a lot of nonsense, that's all. There is really no need for me to actively oppose this "movement" as it is most likely 100% futile. Hey, I am not deterred from buying a Gibson today... I for one have no issues giving my patronage to Gibson. I hope all goes well for this company as I really like their guitars and the quality craftsmanship that goes into their instruments. And as far as keeping your Gibsons, I 100% agree with you - keep them as long as you live. Anyhow, glad to hear that there are some sane people out there who can think for themselves and not let some "YT star" coax me into believing otherwise (Oh, BTW don't forget to like and subscribe, hahaha!). Just makes me laugh because I grew up in a different time - really not THAT long ago, but man it is different, I can tell you that. I actually talked to PEOPLE, not a display on one of my connected devices... Perhaps this "connected" epidemic is why this crap spreads so much, because everyone can post videos now, write a blog, etc. There's a lot of crap out there that has to be sifted through to get to the stuff worthy of my approval.

- Peavey 5150

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users