Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson-less

vacamartin

I've been without a Gibson for a few months now that I've downsized. Also sold my Martins ,etc....but kept one nice 0-15. I also kept a couple of Recording King L-00 knock-offs(Rnj-25,26). Where I'm going with this- Boy, do I miss that iconic tonemsp_crying.gif The G.A.S. is expanding...and with it the confusion with Gibsons newer line-up offerings. Question- for those that have tried the new line-up..."is that Gibson tone still in place?" My fav sounds were from the LG Eagle, L-00, smaller body sitka/mahogany. Appreciate any info. JD

I was Gibson-less for a couple of years. Bought and sold many other brands before picking up a J-15 at the beginning of last year. Since then I've bought a Hummingbird, J-185 and most recently a J-50. The Gibson sound just works for me. Never again shall I be Gibson-less.

I can't help much either with the small body Gibson's. Nobody around here has any kind of stock or selection. What I can help with is the Waterloo hog/spruce either ladder braced or x braced. The ones I have played were very impressive. I think the good people at Collings Guitars have a good thing going on.

Someone is selling a 2011 Hummingbird on AGF that looks pretty nice. I'd buy it if HBs weren't so hard on my shoulder.

What does that mean? Curious.

As Dom Mort hasn't gotten back to the thread yet, I thought I'd add the notion that many players with, or developing, shoulder issues find it helpful to not play the square shouldered guitars all night. I always bring a smaller bodied guitar, not only to break things up a bit, but to take it easier on the shoulder.

Archived