Gibson Brands Forums

New ES line for 2018 , looks like no more 339

SteveT2

Man, I really wanted a new 339 for my next, and probably last guitar. I like the size of them and prefer to get new guitars unless I know the person that had one I wanted to get. Nobody I know has a 339. I see some 335 models, not quite what I wanted and they start a bit higher than I'd like too. So this kind of stinks

They may bring them back again you never know.

For a smaller body semi hollow they have just started making 336 and 356 models again after several years of no production (other than build to order). You should try one of those, they are great guitars. Back sides and center block carved from a solid piece of mahogany with carved maple top. Very rich woody tone, comfortable to play, sustain for days, versatile for many different styles of music. I think they are the same size as the 339 or very close.

RKnKRPk.jpg

CME still have some in stock. They've been selling floor models at a discount....................

https://www.chicagomusicexchange.com/search?view=spring&type=product&q=gibson+es-339

It's going to be a little while before I get back in the market. My HOA just hit me for 5000+ and I need a new fridge too. So we'll see what things look like in a few months. But thanks for the heads up

CME still have some in stock. They've been selling floor models at a discount....................

https://www.chicagomusicexchange.com/search?view=spring&type=product&q=gibson+es-339

I happened to buy one of those floor models in late summer. The finish (red) is in great shape. No nicks/dings/scratches. It has block inlays, which feels like an upgrade over simple dots. The neck is narrower than I was expecting. When I try to finger pick, my fingers feel a bit bunched up. Otherwise, I really like it.

Archived