Gibson Brands Forums

Trip to Mecca

JuanCarlosVejar

Folks,

Took a trip to mecca (Fuller's Guitar) to finally go through with my idea of playing various lefties all in one place.Needless to say the build quality of all the guitars is pretty flawless.

I chose the little Elvis Costello to take back with me.

Costello Century

IMG_6633_zpsakusqatx.jpg

Little Booklet:

IMG_6634_zpsbzbyiwdu.jpg[/url]

Case Badge:

IMG_6635_zpsal6l6o6i.jpg

USA Brooklyn New York Spec White Penguin:

IMG_6620_zpsizn6mevn.jpg

Rosewood 30's 200 :

IMG_6619_zpsbuwobdvq.jpg

JC

I always assume left handed guitars had left handed cases.

You're never too old to learn.

I was drooling over the SJ200 with the faux ostrich case ... when I noticed the gun in the display case it was sitting on.

I assume it's an old Colt 44. And some kind of a 'bowie knife' under it?

Never been to Fullers, but it looks like it's got most everything a man could want.

Reminds me of that Kevin Fowler song - "Beer, Bait and Ammo".

Oh - and CONGRATULATIONS! on that new beauty!!!!!

Congratulations! How long did you spend at Fuller's? I ask because it would be easy to spend about 3 hours there. Did you consider anything else besides the Elvis Costello?

Just to be clear they are all my guitars ... But can't take them all at the same time .Other options were the Rosewood 200 , an Emmylou Harris Signature model and a 75th anniversary J 200M

Also played a fantastic lefty Hummingbird Standard (not mine)

JC

Very nice, Juan Carlos! Isn't Fuller's fun?

My first time there, in 2003, Mike Fuller let me crawl around the storage area on the upper floor on a warm May day, to pick through a bunch of his Fuller's Southern Jumbo re-issues. I think I played through about 7 or 8 of the r/w re-issue, and finally picked out the one I liked best.

Fun day!

Fred

I thought this thread was going to be about a visit to the Daylight Plant in Kalamazoo.

Nice choice! I have never been to Fullers. I imagine it would be fun though. I have never seen a herd of Bozeman-made Gibsons in one place. There is, or at least used to be, a guitar shop in Naples, FL which catered only to left handed players.

Just to be clear they are all my guitars ... But can't take them all at the same time .Other options were the Rosewood 200 , an Emmylou Harris Signature model and a 75th anniversary J 200M

Lawdy Have Mercy! I doubt I could have found that many guitars I wanted in just one day. My hat is off to you. My latest kick is having conversions done on a number of old el cheapo guitars I have accumulated over the past 10 or 12 years. I have a burst Silvertone Sovereign off getting a neck reset, a pin bridge and new bridge plate and X bracing. I am now busy deciding which guitar will go off next to Scott Baxendale.

Archived