Gibson Brands Forums

A question for buffalo Springfield fans

blindboygrunt

Not too bad considering his age. He did not miss the opportunity to slam Trump. They (he was playing with Judy Collins) were getting ready to do Suzanne by Cohen..Stephan says " Hell yes we have to do a Leonard Cohen song, in my opinion he was the smartest guy on the planet as he died the morning of the election".

Hehe, , , Steve and Leo - 2 opposite souls when one thinks about it.

Checked a couple of the double-songs on the web and they sounded promising. They sang real fine together.

Glad you say they can pull it off live ^ Last time I heard him the guitar was better than the vox.

Hehe, , , Steve and Leo - 2 opposite souls when one thinks about it.

Checked a couple of the double-songs on the web and they sounded promising. They sang real fine together.

Glad you say they can pull it off live ^ Last time I heard him the guitar was better than the vox.

I would still say the guitar is much better than the voice. but I did not go to hear him sing as much as playing the guitar. I enjoyed it. My wife and I were in Orange County on vacation and they were playing less than 15 miles from us so I just had to go. Three years ago we did the same there but it was Larry Carlton. That was good as well.

I would still say the guitar is much better than the voice. but I did not go to hear him sing as much as playing the guitar. I enjoyed it. My wife and I were in Orange County on vacation and they were playing less than 15 miles from us so I just had to go. Three years ago we did the same there but it was Larry Carlton. That was good as well.

Stills gets my vote as one of the greatest acoustic rock guitarists. Em7 can probably tell us which guitar he was playing in the original Bluebird solo (D-45 in D modal tuning?).

Stills gets my vote as one of the greatest acoustic rock guitarists. Em7 can probably tell us which guitar he was playing in the original Bluebird solo (D-45 in D modal tuning?).

Stills was brilliant allover - as both acoustic and electric player, singer, writer, producer, performer and visionary.

While I knew there was a J-50 in the Byrds, I never had insight to the acoustics of Buffalo S.

But the re-release of the D-45 didn't happen until a year after Bluebird (and Mr. Soul (1967)) came out and a pic just found shows Stills with a plain 28.

Let's count on that.

And plus 1 for Retrospective - only LP I have with the guys.

That Bloomfield Tele actually showed up. Dan Erlewine ended up with it for restoration.

Kind of fun coincidence, since Bloomfield's burst Les Paul originally belonged to Erlewine. Bloomfield traded him his gold top LP plus $100 for the burst LP. Erlewine still has some regrets about that one!

Never mind all this chatter.

What’s the noise in mr soul ?!?

Stop, hey, what’s that sound?

Could the ear buds you were using have been clipping out due to the frequency? Give a listen to this vid & tell us where any particular spots you’re hearing it. The sound I thought you were asking about for example, coming in at 1:09, and dropping out at 1:23? :

When the “show more info” is clicked on the YouTube page there is a link to contact Richie Furay dot com, if one was really wanting to give a shot at a definitive answer.

Zooming out a bit on Emin7’s photo- oh what duty that table has seen, and what it has heard:

l8xsJWt.png

Stop, hey, what’s that sound?

Could the ear buds you were using have been clipping out due to the frequency? Give a listen to this vid & tell us where any particular spots you’re hearing it. The sound I thought you were asking about for example, coming in at 1:09, and dropping out at 1:23? :

I realize that is just a lip-sync'd video, but Stills clapping in double time at about 50 seconds in would be pretty similar to what I was hearing on the original recording. I frequently do that myself, either clapping or tapping on a surface. Stills frequently does percussion on the body of his acoustics while he is playing as well.

Hope your ears are as intact as your eyes - but what the heck is Neil playing there. . ?

That's a question for Zombywoof, since he seems to have an encyclopedic knowledge of off-brand guitars.

It might a Kay, but I don't know the model. They've used a headstock/logo very similar to that at some points in time.

It might a Kay, but I don't know the model. They've used a headstock/logo very similar to that at some points in time.

Well spotted - also of 62burst.

And typically Young. Already a weak spot for the semi-weird. Ooops, , , might have offended someone here.

But Kays are no Marts, are they. .

Archived