Gibson Brands Forums

Sheraton Pro II

CaptRedbeard

Just added the Epi Sheraton Pro II to my little group of stringed instruments. Tried the Gretsch 5422T and it was great but the neck just didn't fit me right. So I went with the Sheraton which was, and is very comfortable. Now I've got to think if I want to name it. Nothing is popping into my head so far. Oh well. I attached a picture which I took on the soft case I got. A hard case is on the way as they didn't have one at the store which I thought was strange. Anyway, I am having fun with a little Fender Mustang amp for home practicing. It is rather nice with lots of effects options.

post-88460-034280800 1509593695_thumb.jpg

Just added the Epi Sheraton Pro II to my little group of stringed instruments. Tried the Gretsch 5422T and it was great but the neck just didn't fit me right. So I went with the Sheraton which was, and is very comfortable. Now I've got to think if I want to name it. Nothing is popping into my head so far. Oh well. I attached a picture which I took on the soft case I got. A hard case is on the way as they didn't have one at the store which I thought was strange. Anyway, I am having fun with a little Fender Mustang amp for home practicing. It is rather nice with lots of effects options.

Damn these things are cool. Congratulations and HNGD.

I just got one two weeks ago. Thinking about ditching my Gibson Es-339. A nice guitar for the money

Don't ditch the 339! I got one and it is really great.

However, I got me the Sheraton Pro 2 weeks ago and I am still impressed with

the craftsmanship, attention to detail and sounds I can get.

Just listen to the Rusty Wright Band and you'll see what a good player

can do with this fiddle.

Sherries are great guitars. I had pretty nice one back in the mid 90s, which I eventually sold. I wound up buying a Pro II a few years ago, and have to say, the newer ones are very nice. Better pickups, and hardware. I did have to do some leveling of the frets to get the action set right, but that isn't really out of the ordinary for any new purchase.

I used it quite often and it really punches way above it's price break.

I have a few mustangs as well (to v1s a III and a IV) great amps. Fender has now moved to the GT Series, and they seem to not be setting the world on fire,

I think the first generation Mustang are great.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it has been two weeks since I posted on my Sheraton II Pro purchase. This thing is hard to put down. It had been 50 years since I owned an electric, and, though I like my acoustics, this guitar is a whole lot of fun to play.

I think that I have many many years of playing this beautiful machine. I don't regret this purchase on bit.

• 1 year later...

Very Nice. I have an Ebony on order. Can you supply an accurate measurement of the length of the body (I am search for hardshell cases).

Thanks for your help.

Jacob

• 2 weeks later...

My Sheraton II Pro arrived. Absolutely delighted with this instrument. Elsewhere in this forum I published a homegrown setup guide which includes the Sheraton. Would be interested to know what settings you used.

32744279658_b2884d523e_o.jpg

46618405581_3b0b6b3872_o.jpg

Jacob

Hi there!

Are those Sheratons made in China? How do they differe from the 1962 anniversary edition Sheraton?

Cheers

Biggest difference are the pickups, Gibson mini-humbuckers on the '62. The '62 has a frequensator tailpiece and a mahogany neck, while the Pro II has a 5-piece maple/walnut laminated neck and a stop bar tailpiece. Pau Ferro fret board and Grover 18:1s on the Pro II, while the '62 has a rosewood fret board and Grover 14:1s. Couple of other slight differences. Never owned a Pro II, but I love my modified '62.

2y2Jx8Pl.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I've had a couple of Sheratons over the years. But the latest pickup addition, with coil splitting, has really made this a much more useful guitar.

My main gripe with the earlier models was that I could not get the variety of tones that I needed. This new Pro II model has taken care of that problem, and the updated hardware is just icing on the cake. Mine is a 2017 model, and now one of my favorites.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived