Gibson Brands Forums

335 Nashville Confusion

PeteJ

I’m looking for a used 355 and have found a local one made in Nashville 2013. The owner doesn’t have a COA. The Model number looks like ESDT355 ? Is this a standard model? It seems to have a similar case to my Historic Les Paul (Brown with Pink lining). I’d really appreciate the input if someone knows anything about this model

It looks like a dot model but I thought these were all made in Memphis and only Historics were made in Nashville?

You need to describe or show a photo of the label. It will either say "Nashville, Tennessee USA" or "Memphis, Tennessee USA" on the bottom of the label. The model description you gave is for the fancier 355, not the 335.

It's been a number of years since standard ES 335 models were made in Nashville. I'm not sure if they even make any ES models in Nashville these days. The last ones made there were from the Custom, Art, and Historic shop, and included the ES 335 Historics, which have a totally different model designation and a different serial number protocol.

I'd be a little wary on this one without additional details, including a verifiable picture of the label. If you can look at the guitar in person--and it sounds like you can--take a picture of the label.

Archived