Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Robot does not stop blinking blue light

opasto

I have the EXACT same problem with my Gibson Les Paul Robot (1st Production Run). When I pull out the MCK knob all blue lights are flashing.

I'm very interested in a solution. Please let me know if you find a solution.

Best regards

I have the EXACT same problem with my Gibson Les Paul Robot (1st Production Run). When I pull out the MCK knob all blue lights are flashing.

I'm very interested in a solution. Please let me know if you find a solution.

Best regards

I contacted Tronical's people (who are the makers of the system). They told me that it could be a problem in the body of the guitar. They asked to remove the battery, wait 15 minutes and test again. I did this, but it did not work. According to them I would have to change the CPU. I managed to make it work by letting it blink in blue until the battery was exhausted and recharged normally. It returned to work, but after a while the problem returns.

Hello again. I took the procedure to remove the battery for 15 minutes, but it did not solve the problem (aka, the battery is not the original one). I was able to partially solve the problem by doing the following: I left the system with blue light blinking until the battery was discharged; when recharging the battery the tuning system returned to normal operation, but after a few hours began a problem different from the previous one. When I turn on the system, it has all the functions that work, except for the tuning. I made a new video demonstrating the problem. When I turn the knob on, the blue light flashes once, so all the red lights are left except for D flashing blue. I can verify the charge of the beteria, enter the Calibration Mode and the Setup Mode as you can see in the video I posted on youtube (

).https://youtu.be/wBXCKhQSQUM

• 2 months later...

I did the following and so far it helped:

I pulled the MCK for about 72 hours until the battery died (the last two hours I heard some kind of clicking sound from the electronics, not sure why or what made the sound). Then I put the MCK back in. Then I pulled it out again for normal recharging.

The tuning mechanism is working normally again. I wonder for how long. But for the moment it seems OK.

I pulled the MCK for about 72 hours until the battery died (the last two hours I heard some kind of clicking sound from the electronics, not sure why or what made the sound). Then I put the MCK back in. Then I pulled it out again for normal recharging.

The tuning mechanism is working normally again. I wonder for how long. But for the moment it seems OK.

That'll make the gigs go great.

rct

Of course I can tune the Les Paul Robot regularly. Absolutely no problem. But I didn't buy it to tune it with a Polytune. When you have a robot guitar you wanna use the built-in tuner to quickly change tunings. That's why you bought it ;-)

Of course I can tune the Les Paul Robot regularly. Absolutely no problem. But I didn't buy it to tune it with a Polytune. When you have a robot guitar you wanna use the built-in tuner to quickly change tunings. That's why you bought it ;-)

Thanks. I honestly didn't know. I figured you could but have never tried one to test it.

• 2 years later...
On 11/6/2017 at 7:22 PM, opasto said:

I am having the problem you had back in 2017.  Did you ever get your problem resolved?

I contacted Tronical's people (who are the makers of the system). They told me that it could be a problem in the body of the guitar. They asked to remove the battery, wait 15 minutes and test again. I did this, but it did not work. According to them I would have to change the CPU. I managed to make it work by letting it blink in blue until the battery was exhausted and recharged normally. It returned to work, but after a while the problem returns.

On 1/15/2018 at 1:28 PM, pir8 said:

I am having the problem you had, and wonder if your solution to let the battery die completely worked.  I mean, I know it worked, but did it CONTINUE to work?  When you say you did normal recharging, do you mean the Emergency Charge Mode?

• 2 years later...

hello all

1 I changed the battery after 2 years without using the guitar then the motors didnt work no idea ! it works before

2 I put to set up mode then restore factory mode

3 since  all leds blinking all day !  I removed the battery and wait 20min    same issue

please can you help ?

gibson lespaul robot.PNG

So for 2 years the guitar sat and you did not use it. Now you changed the battery and you get the blue light just blinking. If swapping out the battery didn't work and any YT video you watched didn't solve your problem either. Try calling the company that made it and see if they have anyone available to help. There is a reason these were not around too long, and unfortunately your are experiencing why. Its some sort of problem with the electronics. If it has a PC board in it, the thing could be corroded, or a solder joint might have cracked. There are a lot of things that can go wrong when something as simple as a guitar gets modern technology applied to it.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper