Gibson Brands Forums

just got a copy of Gibson L-00, my first Eastman, E10 OOSS,

gotomsdos

Hi, folks out there. Long time no see.

I just got my first Eastman, E10 OOSS, a copy of Gibson L-00. I intended to buy it as my travel guitar. But weighed it, ridiculously 2.2 kg ! Just as heavy as my HD-28(A KK mini installed in it), I doubted it has scalloped bracing. Checked it, but it has. unbelievable weight. So I gotta give it up as a travel guitar. I'll get other as my travel guitar, it'll be Farida OT-22(mainly designed by Elderly). Heard that it's light enough (and cheaper). Seems like it's more suitable as a travel guitar. Waiting for it on Elderly. Or a used wide neck version of it will be great.

Pics here

============

http://s1149.photobucket.com/user/goto_msdos/media/1_zps0biuxo0f.jpg.html?sort=3&o=5

If you want a bulletproof travel guitar that sounds good, try one of these:

CA Cargo

You can jam it into the overhead bin on an airplane without worrying about it, and it is impervious to heat or humidity. Play it outside in the rain if you want.

They aren't cheap, but they're worth every penny. John Thomas uses one of these as a travel guitar, and I keep one on my boat as my primary away-from-home guitar.

CA Cargo

You can jam it into the overhead bin on an airplane without worrying about it, and it is impervious to heat or humidity. Play it outside in the rain if you want.

They aren't cheap, but they're worth every penny. John Thomas uses one of these as a travel guitar, and I keep one on my boat as my primary away-from-home guitar.

You've made it known before about your string preferences; does that continue for the Cargo as well?

You've made it known before about your string preferences; does that continue for the Cargo as well?

No. I use the Elixir Nanoweb lights the manufacturer recommends. They last a long time, and I don't like to change strings on a guitar that is essentially my "beater". This is the only acoustic guitar I have that has coated strings on it. All others have PB in one form or another. I like the warmth of PB, even when it sometimes lacks the "bite" of 80/20.

CA Cargo

Thank you Nick and burst.

Oh It looks cool, but it's price($1599) is too high to be a travel one. I'd like it to be under $599. One with lam back&sides is OK.

Thank you Nick and burst.

Oh It looks cool, but it's price($1599) is too high to be a travel one. I'd like it to be under $599. One with lam back&sides is OK.

I bought mine used (but like new) for about $900, as I recall.

Yeah. And with the CA Cargo's offset sound hole - you don't have to worry about dropping your picks inside anymore!

And thanks to the robust construction, you can use it as a club to work your way out of a bar fight if necessary.

I have never really thought about a travel guitar. The one I use when I want to throw something in the back seat of the car and is easy to tote around is a 1930s Supertone parlor. Even still have its original stiffened canvas case. $30 out the door. What is amazing about this little beast is it maybe the only old Harmony I had ever run across that did not need a neck reset. Nothing short of a miracle.

I have never really thought about a travel guitar. The one I use when I want to throw something in the back seat of the car and is easy to tote around is a 1930s Supertone parlor. Even still have its original stiffened canvas case. $30 out the door. What is amazing about this little beast is it maybe the only old Harmony I had ever run across that did not need a neck reset. Nothing short of a miracle.

1930s Supertone parlor ?

Wow..

Archived