Gibson Brands Forums

My Son's LG2

MorrisrownSal

I gave my awesome LG2 to my oldest son a while back. And while I miss that guitar (it actually belonged to forum member RichG before me), I am warmed that he loves it so much. He is in grad school in North Carolina UNC Wilmington, and its a daily part of his life.He sent this picture...

uiR0heRl.jpg

I love to hear this kind of story. One of the things that I have to admit bothers me just a bit is that my daughter, who is now in high school, has never shown any interest in playing guitar. She is in the marching and concert band and is a pretty good uke player (good enough that some of our friends have asked her to join them in open mic nights). She has also been asking me to buy her a bass. But no matter how much I try and point her in the direction of the guitar I always crash and burn. It is not like we do not have a few in the house.

Funny but I guess there is a mark on the wall of something right above the headstock but when I first took a quick look at the photo I thought it was a Kay as that mark made it look like the peaked Kay headstock.

Isn't that an LG-3? It was the more expensive model and it has the non sunburst top.

Nice guitar.

Best,

-Tom

Agree. Looks like it is actually a LG3 not a 2 with its natural top.

LG3s were my favorite guitar when I was a teen. I would play my brother’s all the time and I don’t think at the time he had a clue I was doing so. (Well maybe.)

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

Isn't that an LG-3? It was the more expensive model and it has the non sunburst top.

It's actually an LG-2 American Eagle, which was released in 2013. The batwing pickguard was added later.

I also have one from 2013, but instead with a Terrapin J-45 style teardrop pickguard. The earliest versions of this model had white button tuners and the thin white/black/white rosette. Later versions have different tuners & rosette, as well as a teardrop pickguard.

This is indeed an LG2 American Eagle, with an aftermarket pick guard. I tried the newer ones, by the way, and although their playability was excellent, the one my son has is special. I played it a few weeks back. I also tend to like the less yellowed tops.

I follow my son's instagram account, and on occasion am treated to a video of him jamming with a buddy. Man, it makes me feel good.

Looks cool.

BTW Hi,Themisal.

I'm ordering a Farida OT-22 as my travel guitar. I'd like to install a KK mini on it so I'd like to ask them to enlarge endpin hole. It seems you have a Farida OT-22(crack), and installed a KK mini on it, right ? Is the bridge plate of Farida OT-22 large enough to install KK mini ?

Thank you in advance.

Best.

Phil fish.. Wrightsville ayup. He surfs every morning. Without exception. Sometimes at night too.

Gotomsdos... I have a Baggs M1a on the Farida... it's a real neat gigging outfit. If I didn't already have the Baggs M1a laying around, I'd have gone the k&k route. I'm sorry though, I can't answer your question about the bridge plate. However if it is small, you could just have your luthier install the k&k with 2 discs and not glue the third. They will know what to do..

https://imgur.com/hNG2ohi

Gotomsdos... I have a Baggs M1a on the Farida... it's a real neat gigging outfit. If I didn't already have the Baggs M1a laying around, I'd have gone the k&k route. I'm sorry though, I can't answer your question about the bridge plate. However if it is small, you could just have your luthier install the k&k with 2 discs and not glue the third. They will know what to do..

https://imgur.com/hNG2ohi

Thank you Themis !

Hope your OT-22 crack repaired well.

Archived