Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson ES-336

Timothy785

Hi All,

This is my first post on this Forum. As of last Saturday I'm the proud owner of my first Gibson guitar.

It's an ES-336 from 1996 in a sunburst finish. It has the snakehead headstock and is an extremely good condition. Even the case is nearly new.

I bought it, as I think is normal for a vintage guitar, secondhand. I got it checked and everything was ok. The 57 classics were both perfect and the wood, neck, nut and fretting was as new.

The paperwork was ok aswel.

However, you can never be to careful. I'm a student and paid for this with my savings so I would like that my investment is a good one.

Does anyone of you know something about the 'guaranteed orange sticker' in the guitar? Mine is missing. It's a custom shop model and I've been told that these people were not very consistent with everything.

When you look on reverb.com, you can clearly see an ES-336 from the same year (1996) with such a sticker inside of the F-hole. Mine however doesn't have one. Is it maybe due to the color because this one was a cherry one, mine is sunburst. I've send an email to Gibson to verify my serial, I just have to upload some pictures now.

I hope someone can help me out. I'm quite the novice to this. Especially because it's my first higher-end guitar and I always wanted to own a Gibson as my first REAL BEAST.

Thank you very much in advance!

Greets from Belgium,

Timo

Archived