Gibson Brands Forums

NGD tomorrow

bassetman

One of my absolute favourite guitars ever...one I will most definitely own one day! Would love to know your thoughts when it arrives! Are you UK of US?

Washington state in the US. pics and impressions will follow. ive been eyeing it for over a year. the price dropped into my range soooo....waiting for Fedex.

A maple AJ, now that sounds interesting. Does it have also that big, projective tone of the rosewood AJ ?

Would be great to have that power and balance across the strings, yet with the maple clarity.

Would love to hear a sound sample, enjoy !

A maple AJ, now that sounds interesting. Does it have also that big, projective tone of the rosewood AJ ?

Would be great to have that power and balance across the strings, yet with the maple clarity.

Would love to hear a sound sample, enjoy !

i have been meaning to do a comparison of my Gibsons. the all sound and feel so different from each other. it is out for deliveryanother six or seven hours to wait.

It has two hours on it already. I need to lower the action quite a bit. It has a nice neck and finger board, even with the high action it plays well. The pickup works like it should. The body of this Guitar just rings......it feels great....I’m in love.

Ok....stayed up playing it all night. My smile and fingers hurt about equally. No remorse at all. The AJ is a good match for the DR Sunbeams. I had to lightly file the end of one fret that was catching my finger. Lowered the action about a 32nd and it made it much better for quick fretting. Has a voice all its own , more trebly than the others but also very balanced. The bass can thunder the trebles sing and they blend so well. The schaller tuners are extremely nice , rare for me to like open tuners but I like these. Had to drill a couple holes for the strap. Mr Colosi is sending a saddle and some pins to complete my setup. I regret waiting so long on this one.

Congrats on your new AJ ! I built a maple AJ style guitar this year that I sold and I really liked it's sound. I did a full body burst on it though yours looks great all natural like it is !

I’ve always wanted to make my own acoustic Guitar. I have been building the skills over the last couple years. I hope to do a first attempt in a few month.

A total beauty - imagine how it'll darken toward yellower hues and the woods, guard, bindings and tuners will blend into butter in that black case.

Hope this is a keeper for you ^ a highly personal guitar that'll just keep growing.

This guy really gets something out of it

2016 ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA7ltaoHdf4

So does Greg Koch, but I don't dare to post him. Too hot he might set the AJ on fire.

Shredmaster General Greg K’s demo of the flame maple AJ was something I’d checked out when Bassetman first announced his incoming NGD. It’s no secret about how maple guitars seem to record well, and the thought was that Greg’s hard hitting plank-spanking style would be a perfect fit for the maple AJ (

). Emin7’s link to the demo by Brian of Musician’s Friend shows how the guitar is more than just a 10/10th’s playing intensity instrument, and that it can strum fairly well, too.

In the Old Strings thread, Juan Carlos echoed an endorsement for older strings being a good match on a maple guitar, and I’ll add that matching strings to maple guitars is vital to making them give their best.

Congrats on the new AJ. By your sig, you're no stranger to guitars that range to the bright side, so you've probably got a pretty good handle on the string thing.

A total beauty - imagine how it'll darken toward yellower hues and the woods, guard, bindings and tuners will blend into butter in that black case.

Hope this is a keeper for you ^ a highly personal guitar that'll just keep growing.

This guy really gets something out if it

2016 ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA7ltaoHdf4

So does Greg Koch, but I don't dare to post him. Too hot he might set the AJ on fire.

Don’t worry, it’s a keeper for sure.

Archived