Gibson Brands Forums

NBD: 2018 SG Std. Bass.

MrNylon

I received my 2018 Heritage Cherry SG Std. bass today. It's about the same as the 2015 SG Std., except the fretboard inlays aren't Mother of Pearl anymore. The original brown Gibson USA case is back as well. My 2018 is really finished well. Gibson did a great job creating it. It's nice to see Gibson turning out SG Std. basses again.

iP3SJHj.jpgVIHiUCn.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For sometime I had a bit of discomfort playing the SG Std. basses. So I reassessed my playing style, trying a few different things that worked out fine for playing SG Std. basses. [thumbup]

Well, guess my Mexican Fender Jazz Bass is getting sold this year! The walnut SG bass will match my walnut SG Std. guitar quite nicely!

The Walnut SG Std. I ordered, should be in Monday the 13th. The Walnut SG Std. guitar, and bass would be a great looking pair.

Seems like for years all you saw was a Fender bass , looks great and i really like the finish

4H

I had some Gibson's in there also. Thanks, Gibson really turned out a superb SG Std. It's finished as it should be. Beautiful tone as well.

Beautiful SG Bass :o

I love the pick up combination too - enjoy it brother! Or rather enjoy them since you've got another one coming.

Having purchased two 2018 Gibsons myself recently (the Explorer & the SG) I am glad to see them back in the groove :)

Me too! My 2018 LP Classic is so amazing, and light as a feather too :rolleyes:

Thanks. I just received in the Walnut SG Std. today. All I had time to do today was, remove it from the shipping carton, and take it out of the case to check it out. It's outstanding, to say the least.

I received both the D'Addario ETB92M Nylons, and the SG stamped truss rod cover today. Both the strings, and the cover are installed, it looks like photos of the SG Std. Walnut will be posted tomorrow.

Hi guys. Thanks for all the kind words, and wishes. I sold three Fenders to acquire the two SG Std.'s. I don't regret it a bit. They don't look too bad, and they have a power bottom that crushes. The sound a bass is suppose to have.

iP3SJHj.jpgmYUZUt1.jpg

Archived