Gibson Brands Forums

Surgery today!

Guest Farnsbarns

Guest Farnsbarns

As part of my ongoing problems it has been decided to remove my gallbladder which is creating problems with my pancreas. I am sitting in surgical admissions now, wondering what adventures the process will bring.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wife and mother both had them removed. My wife had hers removed in 2016. She had it done laproscopically (sp?) and she said it wasn't a big deal. They wanted her to stay out of work for a week but she traveled for training during that time.

Enjoy whatever pain meds you get. That's my favorite part.

Guest Farnsbarns

My wife and mother both had them removed. My wife had hers removed in 2016. She had it done laproscopically (sp?) and she said it wasn't a big deal. They wanted her to stay out of work for a week but she traveled for training during that time.

Enjoy whatever pain meds you get. That's my favorite part.

They give me synthetic opiates (codeine and tramadol) and I hate them. They don't touch the pain I've been in and make me really anxious but I'm told the recovery pain is less intense.

What I do enjoy is the intravenous morphine I've had in A and E (ER?) a few times recently.

On a recent visit to A and E, however, a doctor accused me of faking pancreatitis and being a junky (apparently it's a common thing for junkies to try). He said this to 2 police officers. I am now suing him.

As part of my ongoing problems it has been decided to remove my gallbladder....

Ah, the old laparoscopic cholecystectomy! No big deal, Farns! (I can say that, sitting in front of my computer). We'll see you on the other side! (No, not that side!)

Best wishes!

They give me synthetic opiates (codeine and tramadol) and I hate them. They don't touch the pain I've been in and make me really anxious but I'm told the recovery pain is less intense.

What I do enjoy is the intravenous morphine I've had in A and E (ER?) a few times recently.

On a recent visit to A and E, however, a doctor accused me of faking pancreatitis and being a junky (apparently it's a common thing for junkies to try). He said this to 2 police officers. I am now suing him.

I didnt know it was so painful. Hope it subsides soon.

Were the 2 cops witnesses or does he take a scattergun approach with this accusation?

Guest Farnsbarns

I didnt know it was so painful. Hope it subsides soon.

Were the 2 cops witnesses or does he take a scattergun approach with this accusation?

My GP says that female patients unanimously tell him gallbladder/panreatitis attacks are more painful than childbirth.

The 2 cops were there in A and E and he just turned to them and said it. Total tw@. The thing is, what's worse, leaving a person in agony or giving a junky a shot of morphine? I know which I'd rather be responsible for.

Best wishes Farns! My gal had hers out last year. The biggest long term change for her is that she can no longer eat broccoli as it causes her great discomfort digestively. We both thought "that's weird" but thankfully that's doable. She also could not drink coffee for a few months - only tea. It too caused her some problems - but she's back on it now with no issues.

As a fun gesture - I bought her this plush gallbladder in case she started missing hers [biggrin] Who knew they sold such things :)

41r8n-bA1IL._SX466_.jpg

Good luck brother!

Best of luck to you! I hope everything comes out ok. My ex-wife had this procedure done as well and it was definitely a lot better after than before.

I think they cut her heart out in the process because she's been heartless ever since...

Best of luck to you! I hope everything comes out ok. My ex-wife had this procedure done as well and it was definitely a lot better after than before.

I think they cut her heart out in the process because she's been heartless ever since...

:unsure:

[lol] [lol] [lol]

Sorry - that probably wasn't funny for you - but that was a good one [smile]

I forgot to mention, an ex-girlfriend (tall gorgeous RN that was a complete psychopath who I spent 5 months of pure hell with in 2011) had her gall bladder out and since then, her farts will strip paint. Nay, they will do more than strip paint. They will melt the layers of paint on an object, mix the colors together, and re-coat said object with the new shade of gray and with a highly polished baked-on finish, all before your very eyes.

The visual effect of these emissions from her nether region is not unlike firing up an acetylene torch and you haven't turn on the oxygen yet....so there are little particles floating in the air. Little flakes of...something.

I can't comment on any effects after the first 20 or 30 seconds, as I typically lost consciousness at that point. Once I woke up, she was on her fourth beer and her cell phone needed to be charged.

:unsure:

[lol] [lol] [lol]

Sorry - that probably wasn't funny for you - but that was a good one [smile]

I can laugh about it now. Wasn't fun at the time though. It's been 15 years and I'm all kinds of over it and I have a very awesome woman at my side now. It's a shame it took us a while to find each other though. :)

I forgot to mention, an ex-girlfriend (tall gorgeous RN that was a complete psychopath who I spent 5 months of pure hell with in 2011) had her gall bladder out and since then, her farts will strip paint. Nay, they will do more than strip paint. They will melt the layers of paint on an object, mix the colors together, and re-coat said object with the new shade of gray and with a highly polished baked-on finish, all before your very eyes.

The visual effect of these emissions from her nether region is not unlike firing up an acetylene torch and you haven't turn on the oxygen yet....so there are little particles floating in the air. Little flakes of...something.

I can't comment on any effects after the first 20 or 30 seconds, as I typically lost consciousness at that point. Once I woke up, she was on her fourth beer and her cell phone needed to be charged.

Thank you. My co-workers think I'm insane as I was sitting alone in my office, laughing really hard.

Farns, beware of gaseous side-effects!

Archived