Gibson Brands Forums

I like it more everytime I use it...

ineedfans

This is a clean post, I swear....

I'm talking about my Gibson Gospel....It's probably the least expensive of the Gibsons I own, but it's become my favorite. It just seems to fit my style (or lack there of) very well. One of the guys that runs sound at one of the places I play says he loves setting the sound for that guitar - it just sounds good without a lot of fuss. I mentioned this on the old forum, but this is definitely an underrated Gibson guitar.

This is a clean post' date=' I swear....

I'm talking about my Gibson Gospel....It's probably the least expensive of the Gibsons I own, but it's become my favorite. It just seems to fit my style (or lack there of) very well. One of the guys that runs sound at one of the places I play says he loves setting the sound for that guitar - it just sounds good without a lot of fuss. I mentioned this on the old forum, but this is definitely an underrated Gibson guitar.[/size']

I get pretty much the same reactions when I play my '94 Gospel. Also, I notice a lot of Martin players seem to "eye" the guitar affectionately. Maybe because of the dreadnaught shape, its no frills approach, and (of course) its sound.

QM

I certainly don't need another one, but I keep watching because they can go pretty cheap sometimes. When I got mine, someone had done a pretty bad job of putting a clear pickguard on it. I took that off and went the old teardrop direction. People look at the headstock and see it's a Gibson, then wonder what kind. It's the guitar I'm using in my avatar, even though you can't see it that well.

Archived