Gibson Brands Forums

Place To Store All My Guitars

NighthawkChris

Look for a large map/print cabinet with deep drawers. I can't seem to find one online this morning, but there are some really nice old wooden cabinets that were designed for maps and blueprints. Most have drawers that are only 1 3/4" or 2" deep but there are also some that are 4" deep and 42+" wide. A friend of mine uses one that he found in Portland that has 10 drawers just shy of 48"wide 22"deep and 4" tall. Each drawer will hold 2 electrics! Just add a felt liner and it works great.

It's a big cabinet. So you need a fair amount of room to put it in, but sure makes a nice storage case. A little poking around in all those old furniture shops around Detroit might turn one up.

I keep all my guitars in their hard cases and store them vertically. If I didn't have three large dogs that bring a whole lot of dust into the house, I would definitely have them hanging. Hanging them offers quick access, as was said, and I can't think of a better wall decoration. The dresser idea could be a real space-saver but I don't like to store my guitars horizontally.

not the solution you are looking for.. but I have a closet that was built for storing guitars,, they sort of rest in their cases like Rev's room.

There's shelves for tools, strings, and etceteras and what nots..

so they all rest i their cases, and come out when it's time to play... I don't mind the process of uncasing, recasing.. IMHO a good hard-shell case is the absolute best place for a guitar to be in when not being played.

like I said,, not the solution you're seeking..

I do have wall hangers in my studio room where they will rest if I'm taking 5 from a session or have a few out for the day. I don't as a rule, trust or like floor stands... only when necessary..

So why did Robert Keely (The pedal guy, right?) yell at you?

He didn't. It was a joke started by JHS pedals Josh Scott & we all wanted in out it so we ordered t-shirts from him & posted pictures of us all wearing them all over the internet :)

Anyone who knows Robert Keeley knows the man has never raised his voice ever (unless in the early days some solder dropped in his lap) [lol]

Archived