Gibson Brands Forums

Place To Store All My Guitars

NighthawkChris

I now have I guess what you might call a collection of guitars these days, so I was entertaining a way to store these in a nice easy way to easily pull them out when I want to play them as I don't want to store all of them in their cases like they are currently. I saw glass display cabinets and such online, but these cost thousands - not interested. The idea I really liked was a "guitar dresser" where the drawers are used to store the guitar. Problem is that I cannot find a dresser cheap enough that has drawers wide/deep enough to hold a Les Paul. I don't really want to go into having to build this myself as I am not some master woodworker, and I don't want to spend thousands on this. I want to end up laying some soft material on the bottom of the inside of the drawer so the guitars don't make direct contact with the solid material of the drawer. Overall, any ideas what might make this work, or possibly even a better inexpensive solution? Thanks in advance!

I'd go for hanging them. You could probably find a decent cabinet maker who could design something very functional for storage, but it would cost some money and they'd be hidden away. Hanging is nice because you can see them. the more you see them the more you may want to play them (individually). Maybe you need both, a cabinet for "long term" storage and hangers for the one's you're in to at the moment.

I use wall hangers and closet hangers on some metal shelving. Quick and easy access.

My wall hangers are hands named after Stephen King characters

13221435_10206516388170433_8151855059369103151_o.jpg?oh=63a1494d1e87d7dae18ce63606dc6422&oe=5AA74088

Let me know if you want to sell the awesome'85 ceiling border.

rct

...I know I don't want to get the multi-guitar stand as I already have one of these, but they hold my "lower end" guitars and they "bump" into each other time to time when taking one out or placing one in it. Other people use this stand too, and I cannot control how they interact with this.

I have 20 guitars and while in my old house I hung some on the wall, my more expensive guitars went into the "multi" stand, where they now all (cheapo and expensive) reside. Two things come to mind:

1. What lives next to the other and

2. Be f'ing careful putting them in or taking them out of the stand.

Works for me and okay, I'll go away now

I used to use wall hangers, but now I have fire proof guitar safes.

Even with good alarms around the house, I still feel better knowing they are locked up and would be near impossible to get to unless you have the safe codes.

Since I don’t play them any more, access to them is not an issue.

Archived